ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: file size...?

file size...?

I'm trying to post a painting in the gallery, but when I try to upload it, it keeps telling me the file size is too big. How do I make it smaller?

Use any third party image viewing and manipulation software (Infranview is free for example) to resize the image down to the maximum 2000 X 2000 pixel dimension with a max 488KB file size. My personal favorite is Quick Image Resizer but it costs a small fee (I paid seven dollars). You can use the Gimp for free. If you have Photoshop or Paintshop Pro they will do the trick.

Does this help?
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

I have photoshop (got it with my Wacom tablet) but how do I pull up the image in it? I don't know how to resize it afterwards either, but I can probably figure it out.

Try FastStone Viewer. It is free and does conversions, resizing, cropping, and some minor editing. You can check it out at SnapFiles (lots of other really good freeware at that site) http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/Fas...oneviewer.html

Rich

Oh wait never mind I pulled it up, but how do I resize it? (I'm so clueless. )

Look in the edit menu for 'resize image' (NOT canvas) and then just put in smaller numbers And then save it as a jpg as that has a much smaller filesize.

Oh thnx Flynn, it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by rlernst View Post
    Try FastStone Viewer. It is free and does conversions, resizing, cropping, and some minor editing. You can check it out at SnapFiles (lots of other really good freeware at that site) http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/Fas...oneviewer.html

Rich

Wasn't familiar with this viewer. It's excellent. Thanks for the lead.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4