ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Undo Function Question

Undo Function Question

In AR 2.5, I can Undo my last bottom layer canvas setting like the texture and color but not in AR3, is it true?
    Last edited by pai; 01-05-2010 at 03:25 AM.

That is correct. ArtRage 3 uses a different model for editing the canvas. This is done via the canvas panel ( View -> Canvas Settings ). You are currently unable to undo changes in this panel.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Will this "Undo" be changed in the future? It just sometimes I am testing the color of the base canvas, I can't go back previous ones I like. But I will work around with that. Thanks for confirming my questions, Dave.

The main problem is that with instant access to the canvas settings and no requirement to click 'ok' every change you make when tweaking and experimenting would be considered an undo event (so if you try 15 different colours, each one is a real change to the canvas because they all happen live). That's something we would have to work around but it may be changed in the future.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks Matt for the explanation. You have answered my doubt of that "ok" button missing. Hope you will consider that in the future.

You can create an empty layer>move to back
    and then select all(ctrl+a) and use the fill tool to give it a color
    you can leave the canvas settings open to view the different grains/textures.
    (seems you cannot set the texture for the layer itself?)

Hans

thanks haakoo for the suggestion, i did try that way too. just wonder why.