ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impressionism 2010: Wyck in Autumn

Impressionism 2010: Wyck in Autumn

I believe it was two weeks before Christmas. Wyck (pronounciate it as 'Weeek') is the contra city center part across the river Meuse (Maas), the 'opposite site' of Maastricht (d'n euverkant). I caught the late Autumn light on the Oeverwal (Bank Wall), on a Saturday way back in 2004 with my first digicamera. The road is sloping because of the Saint Servaas Bridge which starts at the left side (starting from sign post) and which crosses the river.

Monet could have painted here 'plein air', looking through his eyelashes picking the right colours to put it on canvas. I'm not Monet, far away. Though I tried to paint like an impressionist fast, afraid that the light changes though using modern materials like my digiphoto and ArtRage and a little Photoshop afterwork: a 50% sepia photo filter. Painted it in 30 minutes to force myself to give the painting a quick paint brush look.

Enjoy it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Briex; 01-05-2010 at 02:38 AM.

wow..30 mins of this? amazing. i like the lighting and the sepia color, looks very classic painting. great one again. you cannot import that filter to AR3?

Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    wow..30 mins of this? amazing. i like the lighting and the sepia color, looks very classic painting. great one again. you cannot import that filter to AR3?
    Pai, I really don't if this is possible or not. I'm not familiair with exchanging filters from Photoshop to ArtRage. There is still much to discover for me...

Astonishingly successful in what you set out to do, and the time factor of 30 minutes is a double wow. Great job!
    "If I could only learn to be humble, I would be so proud." Author Unknown.

Very impressive and done in such a short time... you have my admiration for this work.

The man is modern european impressionist. His country has a great tradition a painting. Its a beautiful work.

I like it Briex
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

Wonderful Briex.

Thanks fellow ArtRagers. I like to paint city sceneries very much because you can see what kind of era a certain painting enlightens (people's hair and clothes fashion, people's behaviour, streetware, brand signs, infrastructure, car types and sometimes even architecture and possible aircraft contrails in the air).

What a palette! What lighting! Great painting.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream