Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amy on the rocks

This is perfect. You did an excellent job on the image!
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

Thank you one and all for the kind words and encouragement. just a couple of responses to some of your comments...

byroncallas - so happy that I provided a giggle to your day

Jasminek - when I was in high school art class (a million years ago) my art teacher, a well know local artist, took me aside and suggested that I shouldn't pursue art. I never went to another art class. Never lost the interest though

coops - I'll pass along the "beautiful" daughter thing - perhaps I'll finally be forgiven for the small scar on the bridge of her nose that apparently is all my fault because I didn't strictly enforce the "no jumping on the bed" rule when she was two.

L Skylar Brown - thanks for the tip - I'll try that later - in the meantime, I probably have a hundred "experiments" started on the old computer I'm working on. I guess I have a short attention span.

Once again, thanks to everyone

Thats uncanny Lee, my daughter has a little scar on her forehead doing the same thing. My fault, my nails were too long.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Great image, seems like you handled the water beautifully. Really looks great!!
    -Dave

Well there's certainly nothing wrong with the water treatment be it your first attempt or your 20th. Also, in my world, there's no such thing as too much knife. By and large, those are some killer rocks too.

This is a wonderful painting... the water is very convincing, especially where the legs are submerged. Very well executed.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

thank you DMerchen and RobertSWade. I was reluctant to post this painting because I wasn't completely happy with the water. It's good to hear that there is some resemblance. I'm probably one of my worst (best???) critics though...

Juz - thanks, and I used only your weak and grey saturation colours. I have them loaded most of the time

How wrong could one teacher/artist/snob/arse be. You are extremely talented. Sorry there are people out there that discourage. Glad you kept the interest... cause this is an amazing piece. It doesn't look easy, but well worth it. It is really exquisite. I like how you made your own palette and didn't stick to the ref too strictly because the colors in the composition are just delicious.
    Your daughter is really beautiful. The painting is a great success.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 01-06-2010 at 02:00 AM.

It is amazing to me how just one negative comment by just one individual can be powerful enough to change the trajectory of someones life. Sorry that that happened to you! On the other hand, as I've noticed in my own kids, they tend to excel in areas they are encouraged to pursue or told they are good at. The power of suggestion is amazing!

Beautiful painting! Finely executed with an excellent pallete! It is a painting from the heart and it shows in every pixel! The water is crafted perfectly in the style of the painting! Well done in every way!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Sweet palette. I think it looks nice. You definitely got an engaging expression on her. She's with people with whom she wants to share the time. Lovely.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream