ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anatomy(as requested)

Anatomy(as requested)

I get random PMs sometimes of very boring projects, but I enjoy exploring anatomy from behind. I used a muscular diagram from my medical books for the form reference. The skin and person is original =)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DigitalViscosity; 01-04-2010 at 09:07 AM.

Is this Levi? LOL jk, nice job!
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

I'm starting to think I should ditch the real life\cartoon style of painting I do its very unappreciated by most of the forum. I'll start drawing with my mouse some random colors and shapes, obviously if you spend 5mins of work you get more of a community response than if you spend 2 - 4 hours.

Really nice figure painting. love the way you used that texture brush for hair on the arm. It's really a fine art piece regardless of the time you spent.

Gee, who says you have to make your art based on responses you get from here? That is a bit confining for you hmmm? You are an amazing artist. I, for one~ among others I'm sure, would encourage you to use that great talent. Sometimes you spend minutes and get great art and sometimes it takes days. I think you would agree both are valid expressions. Personally, I think the time spent is well worth the outcome. One has to wonder how disheartening it must have been for the impressionists to get such awful critiques and comments on their work at their showings and for them to practically starve at times from a lack of income and yet they kept on painting. And thank God they did.
    wow, I would hate to see you abandon your lengthy projects that yield brilliant and genius paintings for the reason of a lack of response on this forum. jmho

DV, this is spectacular work...I love to see such work here in this forum! The study of the human anatomy is fascinating as well as beautiful and you've accomplished a great piece here.

Please don't get discourage even though it MAY seem like no one is responding, they are viewing it...there's almost 100 views for this one painting of yours! I have been actively on this forum every day for the last few weeks trying to post to as many postings as I can but I am struggling to keep up!!! They're not on Page 1 but for a few minutes it seems due to so many people posting. I have been pretty religious about going back several pages and posting to any that may have slipped past me and I believe most of the other regulars are doing the same as well.

You are a wonderful and talented artist and are a joy to have in this forum so just keep on painting and posting!!!
    Last edited by Eileen724; 01-04-2010 at 04:13 PM.

If you drop the real life/cartoon style, I will be very sad. Just saying. This painting is somehow very realistic, despite the very limited pallet you chose. I guess that's what you get when you both study human anatomy and can make a pen go where you want it to go =D
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

@gray Normally when I paint I like to use different hues of the same color to achieve a painting. I try to stay simple with color palettes

I can't argue with your results. It's fantastic. I love using as many colors as possible: real life doesn't use a limited pallet, but I love art with a well controlled pallet. It says something of the skill of the artist when they can control their pallet. Didn't mean to malign the painting, I think it's great.
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

DV, this anatomy painting is so excellent painted. Great skin tone color palette. I can see and feel your love of painting/drawing. Please continue to do so when you have free time because you truly is very talented.
    Last edited by pai; 01-05-2010 at 03:16 AM. Reason: typo error again :P

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalViscosity View Post
    I'm starting to think I should ditch the real life\cartoon style of painting I do its very unappreciated by most of the forum. I'll start drawing with my mouse some random colors and shapes, obviously if you spend 5mins of work you get more of a community response than if you spend 2 - 4 hours.
    Gosh, this breaks my heart! What have I written to you! I guess my comments don't matter. If I had but an ounce of your talent, I would be jumping for joy!
    This is a great anatomy painting, and your fantasy paintings are all outstanding! They inspire me to better myself as I love them so much!