ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Washington State!

Hi from Washington State!

Hi all! I just got AR3 and a Bamboo pen and touch and I am still trying to feel my way around on both. I have recently started a shop on Zazzle and got AR3 because it was recommended by some fellow zazzlers.

So far I have only played with the different tools and such and tried to make my first design using the stencils. I have run into a problem though - I want the canvas to be landscape but the stencils I want to use are tall. I would like the stencils to be positioned to take advantage of the full canvas. When I tried to rotate the canvas to reorient to the stencils, the stencils also rotate. Is there a way to rotate the stencils and not the canvas or the canvas and not the stencils? I somehow got the hearts to rotate but I can't get the friskets to rotate.

Also, how do I go about saving my art? The instruction manual somehow didn't download or something because I can't get into it. Hubby will have to see if he can get it open but in the meantime I want to design some greeting cards!

Thanks so much!
    Beth-Eirene

How to save ... (A paste from the help file)

Hi Beth-Eirene

Saving a File.
    Before you quit ArtRage or start working on a new piece you should save any work you have done on a
    previous piece to make sure you can get back to it later. The ArtRage Painting file format allows you to save
    your painting so that it can be reloaded without losing any of its information later.
    To save a file, just select ʻSave Paintingʼ from the ʻFileʼ Menu. What happens when you select this depends
    on whether you have saved the painting before. If you have, the painting will automatically be saved and
    replace the previously saved version. If you have not, you will be asked to enter a name for the painting and
    choose where to save it.
    If you wish to save a copy of your painting, without overwriting the previous copy, just select ʻSave Asʼ from
    the ʻFileʼ Menu.
    If you attempt to quit, create a new file, or load an existing file while you have a current painting loaded that
    has been changed since it was last saved, you will be asked if you wish to save before you continue. At this
    point you can either choose to save the changes you have made, discard the changes and continue, or
    cancel so that you can check your changes and save manually.
    Files saved by ArtRage are of the type ʻPTGʼ, Painting files.
    Always use Save to save your paintings, donʼt be tempted to use Export as if it was Save, Exported
    files do not contain all the information needed to keep painting later on!

Download Adobe Reader... it's free, to view the pdf of the manual.

http://www.adobe.com/products/reader/

welcome to the forum.
    There is a sweet lady named Judith here from Soap Lake, WA.

Hi from Soap Lake, Wa

Anyhoo, you might want to go to my You Tube channel and see all 17 videos on AR 3 or just view the video about the Stencil Pod. That video will show you how to move, rotate and work with Stencils. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrGoJLVmImg

So where in Washington State do you call home?

Judith
    See ArtRage2.5 and 3.0 Studio Pro Tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/JudithTramayne
    or
    https://www.artrage.com/artragebasic.html

Children's Book - The Wonderful World of Wunks
    Written, illustrated, animated and narrated by Judith Tramayne

Washington State

Hi Guys,

So, as I sit here in the middle of England, drinking my glass of Mattawa wine, you all turn out to live within about 1/2 hour drive of the place?

This world is getting smaller every day!

The wine's good but the label's not, there's a job there for one of you.

Phil
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and the advice!

Judith - what a small world! We are practically neighbors! I'm in Moses Lake! Are you a member of the art guild in SL? My daughter is a member of the ML art guild and has gone to the SL guild's programs a couple times. I'll go and have a look at that YouTube vid. I've probably seen you at the ML Walmart - I've worked there in apparel and jewelry for just over 3 years.

Phil - Moses Lake, Soap Lake and Mattawa are all in the same county, so yes, your wine came from very near here. Washington wines are becoming world famous.

Beth-Eirene

Quote Originally Posted by Aged P View Post
    Hi Guys,

So, as I sit here in the middle of England, drinking my glass of Mattawa wine, you all turn out to live within about 1/2 hour drive of the place?

This world is getting smaller every day!

The wine's good but the label's not, there's a job there for one of you.

Phil
    Yes, Washington state has some really fine wines. I have heard we are on the same lattitudes as some famous wine regions as bourdeux in France.
    What brand and type of wine do you drink from Mattawa?

And now a word from our sponsor:

http://www.winesnw.com/wahome.html

I currently have two bottles of red from southern Austrailia and one from Chile.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 01-04-2010 at 03:23 PM.

Howdy! You hail from a great place. Hope you're enjoying it there. I always wanted to live there myself.

I look forward to seeing you work.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hello Beth, welcome..welcome. I gaurantee you will have lots of fun with AR3.

Hi Beth,

Welcome

I didn't mean to divert your thread, so I'll stop after this.

The wine is just called "Steak House" which is fair enough but labels are important when there are so many visual choices on the shelf. Australia sold themselves short when they started off with Kanga Rouge.

I notice that you are all in the irrigation area from the Columbia River and therefore have circular fields. Do you guys have Aliens landing and creating Crop Squares?

Phil
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.