ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simple Fill Tool Painting

Simple Fill Tool Painting

This was just a simple practice exercise with the fill tool and how it butts up against the edge lines for various tools and dealing with the white pixel line you sometimes have to fight with. But I kind of liked it as a simple design, so I figured, what the heck, I'll post it. Hope it's worth a look.
    • 100%AR3sp.
    • Chalk, pencil, pen, crayon, paint roller water color brush, oil paint brush, gloop pen (for the lines) and the fill tool for the fill. Ink pen and airbrush for under painting to deal with the white pixels at the butts.
    • Looks better if you blow it up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fill Tool Games d-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	454.1 KB 
ID:	39080  
    Last edited by byroncallas; 01-03-2010 at 07:37 PM.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

I really like this Byron. It would translate to kiln formed glass (fusing and slumping) deliciously
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

I like this, it reminds me of a stained glass
    You can see more of my work at http://krasched.deviantart.com/.
    IMAGINATION IS EVERYTHING-Einstein
    See you space cowboy..........

If you click in a filled area again with the flood fill tool you can get the flooded area to expand. I use it a lot. I love flood fill. Between flood fill and the selection thing and the jpeg fix, I have almost no reason to use photoshop for art any more.
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

Looks jazzy to me Nice work
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

Juz, Evart, ArtGeek, Gray: thank you each, very much appreciated.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 01-03-2010 at 10:34 PM.
    //

Byron I like very much, very colorful.
    Valerie

The fill tool is perhaps my favorite new device on AR3, used it alot in the past ( Mainly with Palm art in the old days) and was thrilled to see it. I find it a useful tool to get, (in fact to foster and cultivate), those Happy Accidents we talked about a little on the other post. I try to use tools that will circumvent my own ideas, as the accidents can be better than what I have planned! The fill tool is useful in that regard.
    The fill tool on AR3 seems pretty basic, but maybe there are ways to get it to do things I have no figured out yet,
    Even on the old Palm software for handhelds, there were options to use the fill tool with textures and gradients, which opened more possibilities.
    I like what you have done with it here, and I see that multi-colored line you have made with it ( not up to speed on that yet!). No doubt there is more possibility here, and in your capable hands I bet there are still some surprises in store.
    Accepting the white Pixel line as part of the painting can work sometimes, but thats a good tip about clicking two times to help fill.
    Just my thoughts...
    Using this tool can be an exercise in controlling the line so that pixels don't get loose and flood areas you do not intend!
    "If I could only learn to be humble, I would be so proud." Author Unknown.

Valerie, thanks so much - I'm enjoying your visits to all the threads.

Rob old buddy: Thanks a bunch. Yes, agreed, that fill tool can make for some terrifically happy accidents and take paintings down some marvelously unexpected and enchanting paths. It's likewise a fun challenge to control the tool for specific visual ideas. Sometimes that pixel line is great and sometimes maddening. When it's maddening I've sometimes found working with an underlayer applying a variety of color (usually ink pen) below can end up making what's maddening suddenly magical. That's become a "workaround" that I can now plan for, or likewise delight with happy accidents. Gotta love it either way. As ever thanks for dropping by - catch you in the next thread.
    //

Byron really nice abstract. Outstanding combination of colors.