ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best of Friends

Best of Friends

My Baby and her Best Friend...

Love the new knives and some of the improved options. Again I used the Graphic pen and watercolour brushes a bit but mostly paint tube, Glitter and knife technique I have become accustomed to. Detail work is mostly done with wet and soft knife blenders watercolour brush and graphic pen.

The one thing that is still missing though is a standard dodge and burn tool. I have had to improvise and feel I lost a bit of the balance of the image in terms of lighting which I normally do with said tools in PS or Painter... I may go into Photoshop with this at some point and try and adjust... but for the time being I leave as is...
    Last edited by zooreka; 01-02-2010 at 01:48 PM.

This is just wonderful, zooreka! Your baby is simply adorable and you've done an excellent job on capturing her beauty and charm. I love your work!

Hi Zoo, Beautiful baby there!
    A note-I found that you can use these effects with most of the tools. Click to the side of the tools settings. It should offer something similar I believe-on the AR3.

zooreka this is wonderful and your baby is so cute.
    Valerie

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Hi Zoo, Beautiful baby there!
    A note-I found that you can use these effects with most of the tools. Click to the side of the tools settings. It should offer something similar I believe-on the AR3.
    Hi Alexandra... Not sure I follow.. What I am henerally doing is using white ot black at low opaity and using suitable blend modes... which is a lot of messing around... but I cannot find a dodge or burn tool specific to the task anywhere...

Thanks for the comment though....

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    zooreka this is wonderful and your baby is so cute.
    Thanks Valerie.. I feel it needs more work, as mentioned.. I like it as is, but I think I prefer the painter potrtrait I did of her a few weeks ago... different image though... plust I have the more familiar tools to hand such as the dodge and burn when needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen724 View Post
    This is just wonderful, zooreka! Your baby is simply adorable and you've done an excellent job on capturing her beauty and charm. I love your work!
    Thank You Eileen....

The one thing that is still missing though is a standard dodge and burn tool
    in the settings panel, those blend modes are provided for : airbrush,inkpen ,and gloop pen, so there must be some things you could do with those, no ?

Great and stunning Work of Art ! Congrats, I look forward to seeing more from you !
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Zooreka, far be it from me to say what can or can't be done in Artrage 3. I am months, or more likely, years from mastering its many possibilities. But it does fully support the .psd format, allowing you to move easily between Artrage, Painter, and Photoshop. I did it frequently with Artrage 2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Docsmith626 View Post
    Zooreka, far be it from me to say what can or can't be done in Artrage 3. I am months, or more likely, years from mastering its many possibilities. But it does fully support the .psd format, allowing you to move easily between Artrage, Painter, and Photoshop. I did it frequently with Artrage 2.5.
    Indeed Doc.. I frequently do... Hence my mention of it. Thanks for the tip though. Just in this case I made this an excercise purely in AR3 so have not gone back to PS other than the original Outline used as the base template