Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AR3 Plugin - Ultra Sharpen

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    How to you add filters to AR3?
    To load a compatible filter into AR3 in Windows, create a shortcut to the filter (often located in the adobe plug-ins folder if you have PS). Place the shortcut into the resources/filters folder under ambient design.

Alternatively you can edit the preferences setting for filters in AR3 and point to the folder of your choice which contains the filters you want.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

No, unfortunately you can not save out to 8BF files. I used to be a beta tester for Filter Forge and was even given version 1 for free, that is until it became way to difficult to create filters so i stopped using it after a while. Although the new version 2 features are very nice for different surface effects, still all those layers and layers of nodes drive me nuts.

Filters

I have lots of filters from Photoshop, Painter, Paint Shop Pro which are all located in one file. Under AR preferences I pointed to where that file is and voile' ... when I look or want to apply a filter, AR has them all. And, I might add, I have not had one not work in AR.

Thank you for Unsharpen... I placed it in my folder to feed all my programs. I sure can use that one.

Once again, Misterpaint, thanks for the new filter. I am anxious to try it out. I've played with the other filter you provided, Thredgeholder, and I find it fun and easy to use. I've been using the line art created from it to practice using the watercolor tool and such on ArtRage - makes it more practical for learning how to use some of ArtRage's painting tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Fashmir View Post
    Alternatively you can edit the preferences setting for filters in AR3 and point to the folder of your choice which contains the filters you want.
    Thanks,,,I did that and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Fashmir View Post
    I've looked into filter forge and I am very impressed with the possibilities. I have not found anything that suggests that I can actually save out custom filters as 8bf files though. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for the info Stefano.
    true ...I can not find the function to save the filters (in filterforge)
    //
    Stefano Fiore - Rome/Italy (Misterpaint)
    // Tablet Wacom Intuos 4 Medium- XP SP3
    // My Portfolio: http://www.stefanofiorearte.com
    // 3D Art Gallery for all artists (my web project) http://www.grifioartgallery.com

Thx to all for support
    //
    Stefano Fiore - Rome/Italy (Misterpaint)
    // Tablet Wacom Intuos 4 Medium- XP SP3
    // My Portfolio: http://www.stefanofiorearte.com
    // 3D Art Gallery for all artists (my web project) http://www.grifioartgallery.com

Quote Originally Posted by misterpaint View Post
    This is my second filter for artrage3 studio pro... title "ULTRA SHARPEN".
    DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire.com/?t4eigzny0qm
    I downloaded your filter and could not install it ......firstly it is a 8bf. file and I don't have anything to unzip it........and secondly I don't know if I got the whole file because it's only 479kb. Can someone help me because I really need the ULTRA SHARPEN filter. I'm running windows XP.
    Thanks.

If you are on a pc running windows, download the file. I download to my desktop. As soon as it is done I tell it to extract all files. It have it extract to the same folder where I downloaded the original file on my desktop. Then, I highlight the .8bf file and tell windows to move it to my filters folder (I have a central one) but you can place it in AR's filter folder which on my computer is:

c:\Program Files|Ambient Design|ArtRage Studio Pro\Resources\Filters

Voile'

The .8bf file, once moved, has done everything you need to access it in Studio Pro.

Under Edit... scoot to Filters and it should be right there under "Special Filters"

Quote Originally Posted by victorianartist View Post
    Under Edit... scoot to Filters and it should be right there under "Special Filters"
    Thanks a million.........it worked!