ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: deleting preset picker

deleting preset picker

hello I was wondering about how you go about removing a preset colour picker as I was fooling around in artrage 3 and ended with this in the custom picker and dont know how to remove it

I seem not to be able to work out how ,is it possible

anyway me thinks ar3 is excellent and will take me a very long time to work out all that its capable of thanks

lindsay
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/COMPAQ%7E1.003/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

col.files

another question is in the colours folder , none of the col. files of palettes seem to be displayed in the colour picker is there anyway that this can be done

thanks

I can't see the image. But my guess is that you should try to click the current Color to Open the color picker menu. In there is the option to choose from several versions of the standard color picker.

Read the manual. There are many different menues. Second q also relates to this.

We can't see pictures stored on your PC Use free online services as www.photobucket.com to store your pictures. From preset menu, "Open User Tool Presets Folder", and delete custom pcker manually. Restart Artrage.
    Last edited by Borilius; 01-02-2010 at 02:34 AM.
    "I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"

Hello, Lindsey....let me see if I can help (hopefully )....

1st Question: Removing a preset colour picker
    Depending on where the preset color picker was saved to, you'll need to go directly to that particular folder on your computer and manually delete it from there. I believe by default, ArtRage will save it to the User Content Folder. From AR's menu bar, select Tools, then go down and select User Content. From this drop-down list, you can either select Open User Content Folder and select the Pickers Folder or you can directly go to this folder by going further down the drop-down list and select User Color Pickers Folder.

2nd Question: Displaying .col files in the Color Picker
    The Color Picker can only display image files: .jpeg & .png
    The Color Sample can only display color files: .col

So, in order for you to display the .col files, you'll have to load (import) them in the Sample pod from whatever folder you've saved them to.

I hope this helps....

hello eileen

thanks for that info , the problem wasw that with the col. files I would put in the colours file as in the c/programs /ambient /.... colours file then for some reason unknown to me col.file would not be recognize it anyway whatever happened it the gremlins or whatever have gone off to annoy someone else because the col files now will work in the samples where they wouldnt I would open colors folder and it pretend there were not any col.files even though there were

and I finally tracked the png down

thanks for the info

and hello

lindsay