ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Installing PhotoShop Filters

Installing PhotoShop Filters

Manual for Studio Pro says to install filters in the filter folder. I copied filters from the PS filter folder to the AR filter folder and the filters do not work after a restart. I get a .dll error. What does one do to "install" the filters.
    Carl

Many of the generic Photoshop filters won't work, you will get the missing Dll error, how ever many of the downloaded filters do work (the ones that don't ship with photoshop), in general the Filter Gallery Works well and on Pc's Liquify works mostly and on Macs "render Clouds" works mostly.

Try going to Alien Skin or any other Private Photoshop Filter Creator and you will find they nearly all work marvelously
    Last edited by Silentman; 01-01-2010 at 07:47 PM.
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

You can also try going into the AR preferences and under the filters drop down add the Adobe Photoshop plug-ins folder to the list there. That way ArtRage will point to that folder where the dll files and 8bf files are working together.

You might get results that way.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

I had filters 8bf which didn't work because of the specific presets related to them, I wonder if I ad only the 8bf file are this filters still good and perhaps good to work on AR3 ? What do you know about that ?
    "All are about quiet and light." Dany
    Daily Studio Notes , Daniela Ionesco-Fine Art

I accept critics only from friends,
    how about You ?

There are literally two ways to add filters successfully, one is copy the entire plugins folder to the Appdata/Ambient/artrage/resources/filters folder or go to the edit menu and navigate to your plugins folder, you'll have more success with the plugins folder as some filters have external .dll's that hang around in the plugins folder not the filters folder.

Please remember many of the photoshop generic filters don't work, if you've managed to get the Filter Gallery working then you have linked or copied the plugins/filters correctly. In future updates Andy has said he will try to get more working

Hope it help's i might include some screenshots later, it's only early in the morning here
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Not a one shows up for me

I pionted AR3 to my filters folder per the help file. I have oodles that I have collected over the years. When I launched AR3 after that, I get a pile of errors telling my that "...filtername.8bf is not a valid windows image...". These are all 3rd party filters from numerous companies. I have tried pointing AR3 to some of the indivual filter folders. It no longer complains, but doesn't appear to be loading any either. I can't believe that none of the filters I have are compatible??? Is their a list somewhere of filters that are known to work?

Thanks!