ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Stickers?

Stickers?

I have a couple of questions concerning stickers. I wanted to make a sticker spray of snowflakes from the snowflake stencils. Its been a learning experience for sure. So, I now have the stickers, I made a new preset, but I can't seem to space them out correctly. I don't really want them to be right on top of each other. It looks like a line of snowflakes overlapping each other. Cool for decorations, but now so good for adding to paintings. It looks like a blizzard line. How can I space them out? How can I get them to my folder? It seems to have buried the sticker I created clear into app data. Any help with stickers is greatly appreciated. Oh, how can you get an image of your preset like the other presets have in the sticker spray?
    -Dave

To align the stickers you need to organize them on a grid in AR, so literally draw up a grid the size of your biggest flake and then organize the rest into the center of each grid cell.

When you name a sticker it's ends up in your user presets folder, in appdata i believe, you can easily get there by going to the tool menu and select user content then navigate to it from there or select the sticker spray tool, then click on the presets pod and select "open user tool presets folder" it's best if you make a new group named something you can remember and save all your presets to it.

You make a picture of your preset when you select new preset, the picture window to the left of the panel is clickable and will ask if you want the default picture or upload one or sample from the current artwork on the canvas, just drag the window around when you've selected sample and click ok when your done.

With your snow flakes your going to need to be creative with how you space them out in your grid, i believe some other members will have better examples of what to do with that
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

If you're looking to add more space between the stickers as they are dropped, you could add more empty space around each individual sticker on the sheet or even add in an empty cell between each sticker on the sheet. Since you're likely going for a randomly dropped and scattered snowflake effect, you should try setting the Variations for the Scale to a small number (about 20% highest) and the Offset to high number (100%). Please see the attached image for an example of a snowflake sticker sheet I made and it's accompanying sticker spray variation set up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snowflakeEX.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	38955

(EDIT: Sorry, had a few drinks tonight... Forgot to show the settings panel in my screen shot. It's attached below, displaying the "Spray Rate" I used. HAPPY NEW YEARS!).

Name:  ohyeah.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  11.0 KB
    Last edited by Someonesane; 01-01-2010 at 07:58 PM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks, both comments were extremely helpful.
    -Dave

Your welcome DMerchan, stickers weren't the easiest thing for me to get my head around in Beta, but once i did they are fairly straight forward, you may want to check out my Advanced Sticker Tutorial here be sure to show us the final product
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power