ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World map. Where we live?

Gallery
    View images

World map. Where we live?

Hi, rage team.

I load new uptadet version of google-wordl map

http://earth.google.com/index.html

and start to look where is New Zealand?

I was think that it is near Australia but i measure on the map and you have 2000km to australia. Long distance. I live almost other side this ball and we have autumn. You will have comes spring i think? Do you have snow there any place? And because your island is middle on ocean do you have much rain, mist and storms? And what about temperature?

Heikki.

Gallery
    View images
    Well i'm from Auckland, New Zealand, we dont have snow in Auckland but do in the low part of the north island and in the south island.

Rain is not too bad here we have storms but not too bad.
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Gallery
    View images

Hi Graham.

Our country has snow more and hmm. too more sometimes. Temperature change summer about +35C and winter -40. Sometime more. I put one image to see that snow colors. Middle of winter sun dont rise high and northern Finland we dont see sun coupple months, we called it kaamos time.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    I live in the Inland Empire just 40-50 miles east of Los Angeles. We get no snow here, infact i think the last time we had snow was 40 years ago. We do not even have real seasons here. The summer carrys into october, sometimes november and winters are rainy and semi-cold. Even rain is rare here. The coldest it gets is about 35F and the hottest it gets is around 112F. Sometimes we get very good snow in the local mountains but then it melts off to quickly. Right now we are having the famous Santa Ana winds which blow dry warm air from utah into Southern California in a south west direction. Lastly we have a wonderful blanket of smog that only dissapears when pelted by heavy rains and heavy winds. :roll:

Gallery
    View images
    Here is the view from the office of Ambient Design Ltd.
    Main view is around midday, with the smaller insets and sunset and mid-morning.

The view is directly toward the West.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Andy i use to stay near your office in glen eden
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Gallery
    View images

Re: World map. Where we live?

Quote Originally Posted by heikki

Hi, rage team.

I load new uptadet version of google-wordl map

http://earth.google.com/index.html

and start to look where is New Zealand?

I was think that it is near Australia but i measure on the map and you have 2000km to australia. Long distance. I live almost other side this ball and we have autumn. You will have comes spring i think? Do you have snow there any place? And because your island is middle on ocean do you have much rain, mist and storms? And what about temperature?

Heikki.

Did you ever see the Lord of the Rings movies? All three movies were shot only in New Zealand all over both North and South islands. All types of terrain from jungles to shee pasture to high snow covered mountains.

Gallery
    View images

Quote Originally Posted by Improv
    Did you ever see the Lord of the Rings movies? All three movies were shot only in New Zealand all over both North and South islands. All types of terrain from jungles to shee pasture to high snow covered mountains.
    And damned Orcs and Hobbits everywhere.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    Quote Originally Posted by Improv
    And damned Orcs and Hobbits everywhere.
    Is Viggo still there? He's the one to watch out for-going around head butting everyone. Even the grown Orcs whimper when he walks down the street!

:lol:

Gallery
    View images

New Zealand looks nice and heat island to live.

I found web-camera on my living town. We have one viewtower, Näsineula sarkanniemi, where camera is installed at rotating restaurant floor.
    It round ones/hour. Can see my hometown, welcome take a travelling tour without travelling.

http://www.sarkanniemi.fi/webkamera/ikkuna_dlink.php