ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: AR 3.05 - CPU Load

AR 3.05 - CPU Load

Hi there,
    I found that the current version of ArtRage Studion Pro have a permanent cpu load about 8% (Mac OS 10.6.2). Even it is only open in background. The tests I made shows the load is not related with size of the current document. With ArtRage 2.5 I have a permanent load about 2.5%.
    Have you any advice how I can reduce the cpu load? It's a bit distracting because over the time it speeds up the cpu cooler.

Thank you

The CPU loading of ArtRage 2.5 and ArtRage Studio Pro should be around the same, although it may be reported differently. Some of the idle-time UI processing has been moved into the main application thread, rather than an OS Timer-spawned thread. (This resolved some instability and timing issues).
    You may be able to reduce the CPU overhead by closing floating panels and using the cross-hair (precise) cursor rather than outline cursor.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Hello Andy,
    thank you for the reply .
    But your advices have no effect . I switch also the window size of the application - no effect. The terminal program top shows me every time more more then 7.1 percent. I use here an Intuos 4 (L) and have found the last driver from Wacom have some memory leaks. So I do downgrade the driver again ... Can the wacom driver be the reason for the cpu load?

... and a happy new year 2010 ... you guys do a really good job last year.