Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformation

Gallery
    View images

Transformation

This is for Aaron who was 13, a unique kid, artist, and skateboarder who crossed over today after a terrible struggle with Cancer. I had decided I was not going to post this painting ( made for his family), until I remembered how cool he thought it was to be known around the world through a thread here, and I knew I had no choice.
    Please, please, no condolences! It is not necessary! I am OK, I just wanted to share this for him, and give him a proper send-off, he would not have wanted anyone to be sad. If you want to see the thread of paintings made for his recovery, it is to be seen here--
    (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ighlight=aaron)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	transformation 6.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	220.3 KB 
ID:	38830  

"If I could only learn to be humble, I would be so proud." Author Unknown.

Gallery
    View images
    Oh, Rob, this is breathtakingly, heart-achingly beautiful.......I had missed the thread you linked to.....it too is a thing of beauty.
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother Teresa

http://rightbrainedmama.wordpress.com/

and, most especially, my photography at
    http://sweet-harmony-photography.smugmug.com/

http://foxytocin.deviantart.com/

Gallery
    View images
    Your tribute to Aaron touches the senses. There are certain times when we run out of words. Certainly this is one of those moments. But I feel touched by the greatness of this picture that must have cost you dearly to produce.

Gallery
    View images
    Rob, it is a beautiful and fitting tribute to your friend to whom you gave so much of your time, attention, caring and love. No doubt it has meaning for his family and will be a living, heartfelt reminder for them of Aaron and his courageous, loving spirit.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Gallery
    View images
    Beautiful tribute to Aaron and so touchable to everyone's heart of this painting. Seeing Aaron's big smile on face while sliding that skateboard you painted for him.

Gallery
    View images
    Thus ends the final chapter in The Book of Aaron. Tears? There will be those, but tinged with relief that his suffering is now just a memory. Sadness? There will be that, but tempered with visions of a laughing skateboarder. Loss? It is a loss, but paid for by the end of pain. So much of life is about loss but in loss there can be gain. We gain when we are forced to remember that all life is fleeting and that what we might do tomorrow will never be as important what we do today. We gain when we are made to consider how much sweeter are the joyful times because we will always have the bitter times with which to compare them. So much of the Universe is constructed of pairs of opposites: life and death, joy and sorrow, light and dark. It is these extremes of spectrums that allow us to find balance in chaos and meaning in existance.
    Thank you, Rob, for sharing Aaron's story with us and gracing us and his family with an image that is at once transcendent, ephemeral, and hopeful.

Gallery
    View images
    Rob, this is powerful and beautiful, kind and filled with deep thought and strength, it touches me deeply as I have mentioned before....I know this part of life.

Gallery
    View images
    Rob, this is a beautiful tribute in Aaron's name. He has touched all of us with his life... All Around The World Aaron!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Gallery
    View images
    A beautiful tribute and remembrance.

Gallery
    View images
    God bless the child that's got his own.

My eyes are beginning to water for real.

Thank you for posting Rob. Magnificent painting. It's got the heart in it that you brought to this process.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream