ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: More brush settings similar to the sticker matrix for all tools

Gallery
    View images

More brush settings similar to the sticker matrix for all tools

If Artrage had more brush options, I think it might be the best program for me as far as straight drawing/painting goes. I understand that the tools are meant to represent real media, but options like what is available in the sticker matrix(which I think is a wonderful feature) would make all the tools very versatile.
    I can accomplish a lot with just the sticker settings, using it as a "custom brush", but I would like to use the real media features of the other tools.
    The most amazing tool would be one where we could hand pick features from each tool to make a totally unique and extremely useful tool. For example: a sticker graphic with oil brush impasto and blending, water color bleeding, airbrush build up, opacity set to pen pressure, graphic angle set to pen direction.
    OK, so I got a little carried away. I will settle for the matrix on all the tools.
    Last edited by jasongardner; 12-31-2009 at 09:44 AM.

Gallery
    View images
    I tend to agree with you but the last thing i would want is to have all the clutter and choices of painter, or even essentials for that matter
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    When I purchased Painter I was blown away by the brush builder feature. Wow! How many choices and features! Now I finally build my perfect drawing tool!

I never used Painter seriously.

Same thing with the sticker variants matrix. Wow! Cool! Now I can! Now... never tried to modify a sticker. Just used pencil, oils, watercolors.

So... for me it's yes! Add the matrix to each tool is a good enhancement to sell more copies to "Pros". But this feature should not interfere with the normal use of the application, nor slow it down.

If a matrix choice would be available for the pencil tool, sure i'll play with it to get the "right feeling", but probably then I'll reset everything to the defaults
    Last edited by uuderzo; 12-30-2009 at 01:57 AM.
    Umberto

Gallery
    View images
    I would also love to see the option to customise brushes as per request of the original poster. Obviously not to the detriment of what is already there.

I don't know if we need anything as complex as the matrix -

however enough people seem to be interested in having Pressure control the strokes Opacity that maybe this should be available in the user preferences?