Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coveted Workflow

Gallery
    View images

Coveted Workflow

I just can't stay away, well I decided to save a work flow of my style of using artrage 3. I show you step by step how I work on a speed paint, I did use photoshop for a few things.

First I start of with a transparent canvas 3 layers the middle layer a white for right now leave the bg layer alone. On the top most layer I sketch out what I am going for, nothing to insane just a basis I can start from. I am using the normal pencil tool I change shades depending on the edges of the shape I am going for. I always use precise

On another layer I add some finer detail and some shading to the basic image. I start thinking about lighting at this point(important!) If you don't then you will shoot yourself later trust me.

Next step is much like the last but I do the background on another layer between the white and shading layer.

Next step I remove all the white from the white layer and block in some colors remember its right above the BG layer so you can still see your linework

This next one I did some smoothing in the background and added some more color in certain areas. I also tried to do the reflection in the water

This time I did shading and smoothing on the dryad trying to get the fine details worked out. I removed the ugly tail lol

I worked out some more details in the background with a variety of tools.

I added more detail to the scene did little with the dryad chick

And finally as finished as i will get this I am out of time really but you can see I smoothed her out and changed her bra to a vine. *shrugs* people were interested in seeing my work flow. Sorry I didn't explain a lot of the tools I use because I use every tool in every step. It would take me quite a while to type it all out, I am going to do a youtube video right before school starts of my work flow hopefully that helps.

Gallery
    View images
    From concept to completion....this is just so neat to see! The final work is just stunning and engaging, DV! Thanks for sharing your workflow....it is so interesting to see others!!!

Gallery
    View images
    It's a very great WIP and a mini-tutorial. Maybe this one should also post in Tips and Tricks section. You explained it so well. Also, it's a very great speedpainting again. Thanks for sharing with us.

Gallery
    View images
    Mumble, mumble. . .(Struck dumb.)

Gallery
    View images
    Great mini tutorial and fantastic end result, superb.
    Sandyg.

Gallery
    View images
    Wonderful work, awesome mini tutorial... i'd like to echo Pai and suggest putting it in tips and tricks if you haven't done so already
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

She's fabulous, exotically beautiful and mysterious. Excellent work & tutorial

Gallery
    View images

Gallery
    View images
    Wonderful tutorial and wonderful painting Trent. You sure are talented
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Gallery
    View images
    Excellent indeed ! nice work, nice to see the progress

Maybe this one should also post in Tips and Tricks section
    It gets posted as we speak.just got home...so.....
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK