Thread: Troll Patrol (W.I.P.)

Gallery
    View images

Troll Patrol (W.I.P.)

I've been working on this when I have time for the last week or two. The stones in the bridge were getting the best of me, so I put it away for a while. Any suggestions to speed up the rock painting would be great. I'm not always a patient man with the small details

I've only been using ArtRage for about a month, and the best part is it's just plain fun. Even if I never finish a painting...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	troll_patrol.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	264.5 KB 
ID:	38746  

Gallery
    View images
    This is an excellent illustration Lee! Love the colors and lighting in it. Perhaps with the rocks on the bridge you can attack the dark outlines (that are already there) around the individual rocks with the knife tool. Smudging and blending them into the lighter gray color to give a softer dimensional feel with added shading. This is coming along great. Can't wait to see it finished!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Gallery
    View images
    REALLY COOL ! Would be great in a story book.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks guys!

Since it's in a couple of layers, I've tried several ways to get the stones to look the way I want them. I probably need to put the paint thicker for the knife to work properly to smear it. Maybe another layer? Or thicker brush?

In the meantime, I'm looking through the forum specifically for stone buildings etc to try and steal/copy a few ideas, and trying lots of different methods in new paintings.

Gallery
    View images
    I really like the tree and those brush strokes and colors in the foreground. very amazing artistic stuff going on there. Maybe for the rocks you could use a little chalk of various close hues on low pressure and add some instant texture that way too.
    It seems the guy on patrol could be a bit smaller in comparison to the size of the bridge. jmo.
    Great stuff going on so far. Looks like this is going to be a stellar fantasy piece.