ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Problem: Canvas Move/Rotate/Zoom with Tablet

Question Problem: Canvas Move/Rotate/Zoom with Tablet

As VGreer has reported the old AR2 tools Canvas Mover, Rotater and Zoomer are gone.
    See http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...d.php?p=253295

The old shortcuts from AR2.5...
    Drag the Canvas
    Right Click Drag
    Space + Left Click Drag
    Rotate the Canvas
    Alt/Option + Right Click Drag
    Space + Alt/Option + Left Click Drag
    Zoom In To or Out Of the Canvas
    Shift + Right Click Drag
    Space + Shift + Left Click Drag
    ... are still working.

But with my Tablet on Windows I can't get them to work correct (and never could).
    Drag via "Right Click Drag" doesn't work when you touch the tablet with the pen.
    Rotate via "Alt+Right Click Drag" doesn't work when you touch the tablet with the pen.
    Zoom via "Shift+Right Click Drag" doesn't work when you touch the tablet with the pen.

Rotate via "Space+Alt+Left Click Drag" doesn't work - Windows shows a Window-system-menu.

That's why we miss the MRZ keys. Now we must use keyboard combined with mouse to Rotate!

Could you give a tip as to how you Move/Rotate/Zoom the canvas with a Tablet, without having one hand on the keyboard at the same time?
    Last edited by DoodLS; 12-26-2009 at 11:52 PM.

Use the canvas mover puck available from the menu bar.

If your pen has a right click button, press it and hold the stylus close to the tablet, that should allow you to move the canvas (at least our tablet PC allows that). Right click helpers can cause problems with right click operations such as this, not sure why.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hi Matt

I finally found the puck shortcut Ctrl+Alt+C... And then I realised that I could simply click that logo thing in the menu bar... Ohhh. Documentation. I spent x-mass reading it

Anyway I mostly have problems with the rotate. I seems a bit difficult at first, but I'll guess one will get used to using the puck with time... I found out that i can click the puck and then move the cursor to a distance from the puck. That way it's easy to do subtle movement while rotating.

Old dogs (and cats) are learning new tricks and work-methods these days...