ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Sorta-Gel

Gallery
    View images

Sorta-Gel

Well, i found a simple way of making the paint look like a semi-gel likeness using the second layer by use of the paint tube at a 0 pressure in soft light mode over the first layer that is painted with any other of the tools.

All that is really missing from having this look more like a gel is a fresnel effect, caustics, reflection maps and sub-surface scattering or an alternative to SSS could be internal shadow mapping for semi-translucency.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    You do not want get AndyRage distracted with refractive gels, internal density maps, and sub-surface scatting. That would be a baaaad thing. AndyRage might vanish into the bowels of vector maps, accumulation buffers, procedural flaws, and you mightn't see him emerge for months.

And AndyRage is really supposed to be working on the features on the feature-list for the next version of ArtRage.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    that's right, Andy... shame on you Sethen!

nice effects though. Good find!
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

Gallery
    View images
    D Akey agrees that it's best not to work Andy into his third person aspect.

We want ArtRage to gel. . . er not gel. . . D Akey be so confused!

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    You do not want get AndyRage distracted with refractive gels, internal density maps, and sub-surface scatting. That would be a baaaad thing. AndyRage might vanish into the bowels of vector maps, accumulation buffers, procedural flaws, and you mightn't see him emerge for months.

And AndyRage is really supposed to be working on the features on the feature-list for the next version of ArtRage.
    Not to mention that Tyco goes into one of his patented hissy fits! :shock:

Gallery
    View images
    Sethren,

As one who actually owns a muller and lapis lazuli dust to make my own paints, you would not expect me to be on your side. :roll:

But I am!

It may have to go into the prophesied ArtRage Animator Pro VII. If it does, I would buy a copy just to get that plastic moulding effect you made.

Phil
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Gallery
    View images
    That's OK... you guys can slap me in the face afew times for making andy schizophrenic......

"please sir, may i have another." :mrgreen:

Gallery
    View images
    'whieeeel ... ofcourse you can sir'

*slap!*

:twisted:

now we must hug!

(ok, that was enough spam for a tuesday morning)
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage

And when did AndyRage start referring to himself in the third person?!!!

Andy, are you one of those guys that liked to play with equations and formulae in your spare time during college (or high school... or grammar school)?

D.

Gallery
    View images
    If I dont refer to AndyRage in the third person, he doesn't take me seriously.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"