Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conversation about what we would like ..

Gallery
    View images

Conversation about what we would like ..

Hi ArtRagers.. This tool is amazing..!

I propose, through this post, that each of us indicates to AndyRage and
    his team, what we would like to find in the future release of ArtRage.

Never mind if it's impossible :wink: but like this, they will know exactly our wishes and they will be able to make the good choice...

For me, the metaphor used to conceive the paradigm of ArtRage is very interesting. No "digital" paintings, just the simulation of the natural media. No mather if we are profesional or not.

My personal use is about :reproduction & paintings, concept design, matte paintings and storyboards... For the moment, i cannot do everything.

- The tools settings panel : we keep all the actual tools (of course )

1) - Oil brush : very nice, but i would like to be able to change the brush form as simply as possible. Eventualy, to create my own brushes..

2) - Pencil : Ah, very important tool for me. The start and the end of each stoke, as smooth as possible < > like the symbols.

3) - Palette knife : maybe, to see better the structure of the paper, through the color, when used strongly with the pen on the paper :roll: (i don't know if it's clear enough ?)

4) - Airbrush : very nice, more large size..

5) - Chalk : fantastic : don't change anything

6) - Glitter tool : for me, very useful.

7) - Paint roller : Aah... Fantastic. Maybe, two things, bigger size and smaller size (less than one %). Maybe two options, water or oil.. Different viscosity.

8) - Paint tube : very interesting tool for me. May be something different about the viscosity.. (Gouache, acrylic and oil..?)

9) - The sampler tool : ? I use Alt. I don't know if it is necessary in the tools settings ?

10) - Felt pen : problem with the transparency... I would like to use it with storyboard, but it's not easy...

11) - Crayon tools : fantastic..

12) - Eraser tool :very good

Tools I miss :

1) - ink pen : to be able to draw large flat colors (black of course and the others colors) Used with a good management of the layers (transparency), I wouldn't need Photoshop anymore.
    2) - watercolor/ acrylic and oil juice : you can apply color (the density and viscosity is diff, if it is water or oil) on your drawings
    3) - blender to blur everything.
    4) - perspective tools : a special layer dedicate to that prob (i have ideas)
    5) - stencil tools. just to be able to draw form and to mask the part of the painting (very useful with airbrush)

Otherwise, for me the possibility to merge the layer in good conditions (first layer 100 %, the second 75%, etc) and to get the result you've drawn.

I use precise cursor that i found very good, but i have problems sometimes to re find it on the canvas.. May be it could take the colors choosen in the color picker plus x % density more ? Diff to explain..

The interface is good and we could imagine to customize the tools picker.
    For example, when you have the good adjustments for a tool, you can store it with a name and put it back in the tools picker.

For the moment, i don't have any other ideas and I let my friends do their part of the job..

I'm sorry about my english...

Weeks

Gallery
    View images
    I agree that the eyedropper seems out of place in the tool wheel. I do think that it needs to be physically represented in some way - not by just a hotkey - but perhaps it could get a small clickable symbol in the colour picker's real estate itself. I know the traditional eyedropper is oh so boooooring, but... it does work. =] Seems at the moment the dropper is taking up some prime real estate on the tool wheel that the watercolour might just love to have. =]

- Gita

Gallery
    View images
    i go with weeks and GGirl! (justG), the dropper tool could be replaced with the water color brush, (please please consider what i said about having the canvas tilt i will draw you examples if you need!) also like weeks said a strong color ink brush, also i was wondering about the pencil tool cause i use it alot, it would be cool if there is a paperstump, but i guess the knife tool is probably doing the job somehow

thats all i guess i will post in some my canvas ideas guys so you see if it will work with you or not

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for the feedback. I think a global sort of post like this is a good idea, looking forward to hearing everyone's ideas!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    this is what i have been talking about!

the angle of the canvas determines how the water color will bleed, and the distance it will travel as well as the speed, time... rather than just have it at upright angle, you get to change the angle from the edit paper settings, what do you think??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images

keybord shortcuts.... simple and useful for the lazy

I guess I have posted a little fast.... in another thread...
    sorry...
    here are my suggestions :
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...opic.php?t=325

(I also greatly support the INK PEN and the layers transparency requests!!! and the start and end of pencil strokes smooth ^^ )

Gallery
    View images
    I'd like to edit the transparency of the felt pen, or, a new tool : "The Rapidograph Pen" that draws a solid precise line with no transparency.

Cheers!

Gallery
    View images
    Dont ask too much or it will take years before the next update.... OK! i go out...

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweedie
    1. A blending tool for dry materials is needed = a paper stump.
    2. A smearing/blending tool for wet/oily materials = a cloth or sponge or water
    3. Some new settings for the palette knife.

These 3 first are probably to be combined in one single tool. Next 4 are probably the most necessary for AR to become a true professional illustration software:

Watercolour
    A multiply layering method.
    Ink.

For airbrushing: a frisket/masking tool

These are my wishes.
    i would have to agree 100% these would also be some ideas i would love to see.. i personally dont want to change the whole the layout i would just like to see some more of the tool be more flexiable in their uses...
    .. kp
    Everything is speaking ,inspite its apparent silence.

Gallery
    View images
    An "Aging Tool" for making paint look older over time... one can almost think of it as a enhanced version of the burn tool in photoshop but with the addition of grime/stains/noise/dirt/color losses/slight yellowing/darkening effects... things like that...............