Hi ArtRagers.. This tool is amazing..!
I propose, through this post, that each of us indicates to AndyRage and
his team, what we would like to find in the future release of ArtRage.
Never mind if it's impossible :wink: but like this, they will know exactly our wishes and they will be able to make the good choice...
For me, the metaphor used to conceive the paradigm of ArtRage is very interesting. No "digital" paintings, just the simulation of the natural media. No mather if we are profesional or not.
My personal use is about :reproduction & paintings, concept design, matte paintings and storyboards... For the moment, i cannot do everything.
- The tools settings panel : we keep all the actual tools (of course )
1) - Oil brush : very nice, but i would like to be able to change the brush form as simply as possible. Eventualy, to create my own brushes..
2) - Pencil : Ah, very important tool for me. The start and the end of each stoke, as smooth as possible < > like the symbols.
3) - Palette knife : maybe, to see better the structure of the paper, through the color, when used strongly with the pen on the paper :roll: (i don't know if it's clear enough ?)
4) - Airbrush : very nice, more large size..
5) - Chalk : fantastic : don't change anything
6) - Glitter tool : for me, very useful.
7) - Paint roller : Aah... Fantastic. Maybe, two things, bigger size and smaller size (less than one %). Maybe two options, water or oil.. Different viscosity.
8) - Paint tube : very interesting tool for me. May be something different about the viscosity.. (Gouache, acrylic and oil..?)
9) - The sampler tool : ? I use Alt. I don't know if it is necessary in the tools settings ?
10) - Felt pen : problem with the transparency... I would like to use it with storyboard, but it's not easy...
11) - Crayon tools : fantastic..
12) - Eraser tool :very good
Tools I miss :
1) - ink pen : to be able to draw large flat colors (black of course and the others colors) Used with a good management of the layers (transparency), I wouldn't need Photoshop anymore.
2) - watercolor/ acrylic and oil juice : you can apply color (the density and viscosity is diff, if it is water or oil) on your drawings
3) - blender to blur everything.
4) - perspective tools : a special layer dedicate to that prob (i have ideas)
5) - stencil tools. just to be able to draw form and to mask the part of the painting (very useful with airbrush)
Otherwise, for me the possibility to merge the layer in good conditions (first layer 100 %, the second 75%, etc) and to get the result you've drawn.
I use precise cursor that i found very good, but i have problems sometimes to re find it on the canvas.. May be it could take the colors choosen in the color picker plus x % density more ? Diff to explain..
The interface is good and we could imagine to customize the tools picker.
For example, when you have the good adjustments for a tool, you can store it with a name and put it back in the tools picker.
For the moment, i don't have any other ideas and I let my friends do their part of the job..
I'm sorry about my english...