ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Bug report (minor): Color/Tool Picker in Clear Canvas mode

Exclamation Bug report (minor): Color/Tool Picker in Clear Canvas mode

I think there is a minor bug with the Color Picker in Clear Canvas mode.

Try this:
    0. Color Picker in "Stick To Default Edge".
    1. Press Enter to go into Clear Canvas mode.
    2. Press shortcut key Ctrl+Alt+Right to show the Color Picker.
    Bug: The Color Picker is only shown for 1 second, but then it fades out again. You are unable to pick any colors while it is shown.

Workaround:
    This only happens when "Stick To Default Edge" is selected. If I "Tear Off Edge" and press Ctrl+Alt+Right in the Clear Canvas mode, then the Color Picker is shown and I am able to select colors.
    Alternatively one can use the Ctrl+Alt+Click feature to show the Popup Color Picker.

Similar:
    The same goes for the Tool Picker (Ctrl+Alt+Left) in Clear Canvas mode.
    Panels like Color Samples or Layer Panel are shown however. Just not the Color/Tool Picker.

I am Using ArtRage 3.0.5 Studio Pro on Windows Vista.
    Can anyone confirm this? Mac users?

Everything works fine on my end.

The shortcut for bringing up and holding the color picker on the screen is supposed to be Ctrl+Alt+LEFT click and hold. Releasing the left mouse button is supposed to make the floating color picker vanish. This works the same way, with the panel color picker docked or not.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Ctrl+Alt+LEFT click and hold shows the Pop Up color picker. As I wrote that works.

I am talking about the normal Color Picker (that triangular thing in the button right corner). I'd like it to stay.

Make Color Picker VISIBLE

Color picker must "float" - "TEAR OFF EDGE", to be visible in Clear Canvas Mode

Then use the shortcut (Ctl-Alt-Right Arrow), to toggle on/off

See the post I made earlier. I'm new to Forums, and don't know how to post links, etc., yet.

jimi

Doodls - I just reread your post and see you understand this already. Just "drag" the CP to wherever you want, by the collapse panel handle
    Last edited by jimi; 12-28-2009 at 09:02 AM. Reason: "DRAG" the CP to wherever you want