ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Was I dreaming??

Was I dreaming??

Hi

I could have sworn that prior to the AR3.05 update, the tools could be enlarged or reduced with a finger on the keyboard arrows?

This no longer works
    Was I dreaming or remembering AR2.5??

Shift plus Left-Click & Drag (drag left or right) will decrease or increase tool size from 0 to 500. Edit: Likewise, see SOS's following post (we cross posted).
    Last edited by byroncallas; 12-26-2009 at 07:20 AM.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

You weren't dreaming. With the update came the choice for users to select which key shortcuts they wished to use for this feature, so all you need to do is set them back up. Just go to Edit > Set Keyboard Shortcuts and locate the Tool Commands section. At the bottom of the Tool Commands list you'll find the options for Tool Size and Tool Pressure, which were once set to the arrow keys by default. Just click on the setting you want to make a shortcut for and a window will open asking you to then press the key (or key combination) you wish to use for it. Select the arrow key you want for whichever setting you clicked on and then select OK to confirm it. You'll only need to do this once, because the shortcuts should remain between future updates.

Name:  toolbrushsize.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  50.0 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

If you select the option in the keyboard shortcuts panel to reset shortcuts to default the old shortcuts should appear in the list. Because they weren't in the list to begin with, but got moved there in 3.0.5 so that people with tablets could adjust them to suit their tablet controls, custom shortcut lists from older versions won't contain them.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, most helpful - am glad I wasn't dreaming and now know what to do.
    I recently printed the manual but didn't see the bit about Shift + left click sizing that Byron mentioned - it works well and is actually easier so I'm quite happy