ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Fairy Concept

Fairy Concept

Howdy hey .. once again

so here goes .. after my flutter by response I decided to do another piece with the same idea... (stick to the lighter side of the force on this one ) however the next one will be another dark piece :twisted: .. want to try alterrnate each time ..and see how far i can push each.. fun, life time project i have recently decided to set myself

ok..so this one is going to take me sometime .. as the fairy is still just the beggining .. once she is done i will be increasing the canvas size and adding a whole background.. im thinking of something of the lines of my last treee idea i did ages ago (somewhere on this forum)

anyways.. im going with the idea of only colour in the wings and the rest will be that semi sepia type look. still deciding wether the flower will have colour or not.. will do two versions/layers and see. might be over kill

anyways.. any crits or some idea's u wish to share.. more than welcome :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Mmm... I like what you're doing with all the flowing wings, and the fall of the material on her dress is excellent.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

She's cute n' all, but for what people might expect, you may want to thin her up a little bit. Looks built to be more an earthy than aerial spirit.

Pose, wings, fabric and all that are just fine.

To complete the effect, you may want to mind her costume -- so that she looks to be wearing light weight fabric.

Good start!

Hey Andy

thanks for the comments.. Im going be working purely in ArtRage with this one.. I will take it in to Photoshop later.. but will fwd you the "Artrage" one before hand.. ofcourse if it turns out to be a worthy enought pic :lol:

Hey D Akey .. cool cool.. thanks for the crit..

I do hear you on the whats to be "expected" ..which is exactly what i wanted to avoid.. something less "war craft elves"

i hear u on the clothes as well.. im quite happy with the lower half.. but i am actually hinking of "thinning out the top clothe as u suggested... however .. im toying with the idea of having her topless actually.. been keen to get more practice on my female form.. but again.. i will have to experiment and see what works for me..

this is where u guys coming .. hehe..

thanks again Akey .. appreciate the input.. will try some of what u suggested.

G out

wonderful pose and compostition.......i like it the way it is , will be watching this one
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Her face is kind of...how should I say this...wolfy/manly? Try femming it up a bit. :P

I had trouble at first focusing on the hand stretched behind the head, at first it looked amputated until I slowly looked at the detail and followed the lines.
    I would suggest a gradual darkening and shading pattern of color flowing from arm to hand. I am theorizing that this optical type of illusion is the result of the hand being too light in the smaller image, blending into the background.
    The very first digital art program that I worked with Art Rage 1

You may visit my personally designed website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.