ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Question about final JPG resolution

Question about final JPG resolution

Ok.

When you are uploading images to the forum, the size limit is around 499k or 2000 x 2000 dpi if i read that right.

My latest image that i uploaded "A Night at the Opera" was painted on a canvas 8"x11" at 100 dpi.

So i exported it to a JPG and the final size was about 48k and it has a jagginess to it.

So i exported it as a PNG file and the output size came to be about 800k. too big to upload.

My question is...

Can i export my image to a size to that it meets the upload requirements without having to go to another program and resize or compress it?

Just curious

Muchos Gracious

Mike
    Mbrienza

Mike, unless someone knows something I don't , I think in most cases you will need third party software to resize down exports from AR that exceed the upload limits of the forum. If you are a windows use my favorite program for this is "Quick Image Resizer". Others have their pets too.

There is some discussion of this mixed in in the thread at http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=24998
    that I think addresses your question.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Byron

Your absolutly right, i do recall seeing this subject before and the mentioning of using other compressing programs.

I have Corel Painter 11, i'll try that tomorrow. see what luck i have.

Preciate the input good sir, many thanks

Mike
    Mbrienza

A problem with jpg quality was found in ArtRage Studio / Studio pro when exporting on Windows 7. This has been fixed in our local build and will be in the update we intend to release shortly. This would probably explain the low jpg quality you're seeing - that should be gone in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design