Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sticker Sequences for natural brush effects

Quote Originally Posted by Tsquare View Post
    Hello,
    is there a simple way to delete a sticker that has been installed in the sticker set from a photo or image I have imported as a new sticker? I can't seem to find any settings that allow this to be done.
    Thanks.

The only way to delete a sticker sheet at the moment is to open the sticker sheet folder where they are stored and deleting them from there (you'll have to restart AR for them to be removed from the program). See the attached the image for a quick way to open the folder.

Name:  openstickerfolder.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  70.2 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Hi Juz,

Nice tutorial. I was wondering though, did you lower the opacity of the shadows for the stickers that are used to create the new sticker sheet or did you leave them in?

Thanks for the info. One other question of stickers...

Pardon my ignorance, perhaps this has been covered in another post.
    1. Can images be duplicated in the way that the multi sticker effect produces (such as the house or domino effect with several stamps of image?
    Also, is there a way to create a text adjustable sticker like the typography sticker that shows the welcome message? It would be great if that is modifiable.
    Thanks.

Thanks SOS
    No I did not touch the right click shadow settings on individual stickers that were used to create the sticker sequence file. It would be too much for the scope of one tutorial to cover absolutely everything to do with stickers.
    Last edited by Juz; 12-23-2009 at 09:31 PM.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Right. It might be worth noting though, because the shadow (whether it is flattened into the image or not, upon creation) will end up affecting the luminance of the sticker when it's made. Where the original, single stickers were a pure red, they would not longer be that way when put together with this method (unless they removed the shadows, that is).

Tsquare
    Stickers can be any object so yes you could use this same technique for dominoes, buildings or anything you can make into a .bmp .jpeg .gif .tif .png .psd or .ptg file.

Not entirely sure i understand your second question but if you were wanting to repeat a 'welcome' word over and over it could be achieved. That explanation however would require a tutorial in and of itself on the Spray Variations dialog and its parameters.

Added to the tutorial index.This is a very good one Juz.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

@ SOS
    Right, i'll have to go in and edit the tutorial
    EDIT: tutorial has been updated to reflect this suggestion. Thanks SOS

@Hanzz, Thank you muchly
    Last edited by Juz; 12-23-2009 at 10:34 PM.

Juz!
    What a great tutorial! Thank you so much!

erm..since there was this talk about shadows, i was wondering if there was a way to assign the depth/distance of shadows of stickers to a variable?
    i mean, if you could assign the scale to pen pressure and distance of shadow also to it. This will enhance the 3-d feel of stickers as the larger (& thus apparently nearer to eye) objects would have shadows that fall proportionately further down and heightening the illusion of 3D.
    If there is a way to do this already, then forget it, otherwise I'd like to add it to suggestions for AR3.5
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

Thanks Fly
    Currently shadow parameters do not reside in the sticker variations (variables).

The only way i could think to do something like that currently would be to make your stickers in the multisheet of varying sizes and apply the shadows large for the larger ones and small for the smaller ones.
    As the grid for the sheet would have to be able to contain both large and small, you may run into issues with the offset between them when painting. eg/ if using random variation to paint, a large sticker next to large would result in a smaller offset between stickers than a small sticker next to small.
    Last edited by Juz; 12-24-2009 at 08:41 AM.