ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Default canvas size?

Default canvas size?

I apologize if this has been answered before. I searched for ten minutes, but couldn't find the answer.

I've figured out how to save custom canvas sizes so that they can be picked from the popup list. However, I can't seem to find a way to set one of them as the default. It's terrific that Artrage gives you a fresh canvas on startup, but if it's not the size you want, you have to start a new one anyway.

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks

There's currently no way to set a default canvas size, I've made a note to look at this for a future update.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

The old trick of using an already created .PTG file as a shortcut to open ArtRage still works though. Meaning, if you create a new painting with the size and canvas you'd like AR3 to open with, you can then save this file to your desktop. Double clicking the file will automatically launch AR3 and will, of course, be set to the size and canvas you saved it with.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I followed your instructions in ArtRage 3 and saved the new canvas to the desktop, it opens up in my chosen size but in an ArtRage 2.5 canvas.

I have both applicatons on my PC does this mean I must remove 2.5 to make this open up in Artrage 3?

Yes, in favour of seeing the s/w enabled option at some stage.
    Thanks for the work round idea in the meantime!

ignore my last post Someonesane, I used right click/open with and now it all works fine and opens in ArtRage 3. A Senior moment I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by shechat View Post
    ignore my last post Someonesane, I used right click/open with and now it all works fine and opens in ArtRage 3. A Senior moment I'm afraid.
    No problem
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Ah, good workaround SOS.

oh & people don't forget to 'save as...' instead of save otherwise your 'template' would be over written...
    of course you can always make a new one out of the overwritten one by deleting everything and saving as...lol but then would start 'the night of the undead templates' and desktop would be overrun...
    lol!
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.