Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone having problems sending support requests?

Gallery
    View images

Anyone having problems sending support requests?

If anyone's having problems sending support requests via the Member Area at http://members.artrage.com/support please let me know in this thread what the error message was, and what you did. I've had a couple of people tell me they got a "We're sorry, but something went wrong" error message. I haven't managed to make it fail here so any information you have will be handy and help us to make sure that things are working reliably.

Please be aware that you can still email us at support@artrage.com directly for support, or post here on the technical forums.

One additional note: When using the support page, please enter a valid email address. I've received a few requests that don't contain these, which makes it a trifle hard for me to contact you back and help!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images

Yes

Yes. I had precisely this message when trying to post a support request.

I was already extremely frustrated about the problem I have with the product which prevents me using it properly - and then when I try to post a support request I get this message - after spending considerable time typing in the details of the issue.

Art rage is fast becoming a waste of my time. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a waste of my money.

Gallery
    View images
    Sorry to hear you had difficulties. I can't make it fail here which is why I am trying to get details on the problem in order to troubleshoot it. Please let me know if you can:

1/ What page you were at. Was it the support request page here: http://members.artrage.com/support ?
    2/ What did you select in the 'Subject' and 'Platform' boxes?
    3/ What browser and OS are you using?
    4/ Do you have cookies enabled?
    5/ Were you logged in to your Member Area account at the time?

There's always the option to email support@artrage.com directly for support or to post here on the technical forums for assistance with ArtRage. We'll be glad to help with any problems.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images

Windows 7 Ultimate

I have the problem using windows 7 ultimate using ie8 web browser.

Subject area was 'problems using artrage' - operating system 'windows 7'

I just attempted two minutes before this entry if that helps you trace any log entry on your server. Good luck.

Gallery
    View images

windows 7

sorry, forgot to say -

I logged on to my account first - and therefore there was no option on the form to type in my email address - I assume you would get this from account logon. (I typed my email address in to the message I tried to send - just in case). Unfortunately, the message didn't appear to go and I got the error.

As far as I am aware, cookies are enabled. I have used the default Ie8/windows 7 install and have not changed such settings so my browser is pretty much 'as delivered'.

This message is also being sent from a different PC from the first attempt so it is not a pc-specific issue.

I shall now go and try google chrome.

Gallery
    View images

Web server

I don't know what web server you are using - possibly PHP based, but is it possible that the support form web page handling code is checking the operating system version of the incoming message and rejecting it because the code doesn't know anything about windows 7?? Just a thought.

Gallery
    View images

Me too

I got the same error message today

Page: members . artrage . com / support
    Subject: Upgrading ArtRage
    Platform: Windows Vista
    Browser: Firefox 3.5.6
    Cookies: Yes
    Logged on: Yes (I think)
    Email address: There is nowhere to enter email

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for the information everyone, Dave has managed to locate what we believe is the problem thanks to your help. Our member area development is handled by an external company who are away on holiday currently but as soon as they are back we will get them on to solving this problem.

In the meantime, if you are having problems using the support page please contact us via support@artrage.com and we can assist.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    After some fixes and improvements were made to the Member Area, I'm able to successfully access support via users accounts which were previously having this problem. If anyone still receives an error message when trying to use the support page, please contact me at support@artrage.com to let me know and I'll help you with your ArtRage problem as well as see what I can find out about the cause of any Member Area difficulties.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images