Thread: Wip Thor!!

Gallery
    View images

Wip Thor!!

Ok so I got inspired...
    started with some kind of speed painting technique...all pen with low opacity & all that...
    & then I discovered how hard it is to skin that is red with rage!!..whatever I did he ended up looking sunburnt! LOL!
    so I got a little tired of it..and decided to bump it into my WIP folder..lol.
    maybe sometime he'll roar like the Thunder God he is..

here's a lookasee...comments & suggestions are mandatory! LOL!
    ta,
    fly
    P.S. the jpg bug killed the colors and his arms are a little off..
    P.P.S. What with all these fantastic finished works being pumped into the forum I truly doubt if anyone will bother to see this, haha!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thor WIP.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	38281  

The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

Gallery
    View images
    WOW,

excellent start....don't give up by quiting (for now) it is too cool. Keep on it and I want to see it finished so let me know when......thanks

Gallery
    View images
    I forgot..... if you save it as a .bmp and load it into another program and then save it as a .jpg wala.......
    they are working on the jpg problem in Ar3........

Happy painting! and happy Holidays to you!

Gallery
    View images
    Hey Bobby,
    thanks I think i'll restart this only after I get the pro, the canvas size in the demo is just too small to do this properly...
    and thanks for the heads up on the AR3-bmp-jpg workaround, that should prove helpful except the demo exports only jpgs
    ta,
    fly

Gallery
    View images
    Well since it's mandatory, I better make a comment! He will roar I'm sure of it! Maybe the background color is playing a role in the sunburn effect... Some earthy tones my help rage him out a bit! Looking really cool though, hope you stick with it!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Gallery
    View images
    Of course people will look at it due to the extra exclamation mark and all. Especially me since I keep misreading "wip" as "whip".

Anyway, I'd agree that it's a good start for a Thor pose. As far as I'm concerned he doesn't need red skin to look like Thor. I think on a light blue background like this you would be better of with a yellowish orange tint (producing some sort of golden glow) than with something that even remotely resembles red.

Gallery
    View images
    hey sketch & danny,
    thanks for looking in, and excellent suggestions.in retrospect there's just too much wrong with it so I'm just going to scarp this one.
    but the good news is now that I've got a bee in my bonnet about making a Thor!! (with extra exclamation ) I most definitely will make another one from scratch.
    thanks guys,

Gallery
    View images
    If you start from scratch, why not make it more threatening by using a low point of view ?

That was one mean looking Thor you posted there.
    I almost thought I found my front-head-hair back on his weapon ! But the colour is wrong, so it couldn't be mine...yours?
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Gallery
    View images
    lol Hanzz,
    yes. this time around I'm going to do some serious research and explorations on Thor. and am gonna do it only in a very highres!!