Thread: Painting ideas for Art Rage Pro?

Gallery
    View images

Painting ideas for Art Rage Pro?

I was just thinking how there are some nifty simularities to the KPT Orbit and plugin coming from the new Glitter Tool features. Jusy a silly thought that it would be intreasting to have the capability of altering the material properties of the Glitter Tool for a pro version of Art Rage simular to what was done in Orbit and other parts of the KPT Plugins. Ofcourse with the advances in Art Rage such features can be taken abit farther for those who really feel the need to take there art to a complex technical level. Obviously this opens up ideas for Gel Paints and Finger/Goop Paint concepts as mentioned some time ago.

Also it might be facinating to see a brush type based on the FiberOptix Filter technology coming from Kais Power Tools. Something like a Horse Hair brush perhaps?

Gallery
    View images
    Unfortunately we're not permitted to use any of the code from the KPT plugins. That code had to be removed at the completion of our contract with MetaCreations and Corel.

One of the difficulties of having worked with many different graphics companies is that anything we produce is liable to resemble something we've done elsewhere.

However I can assure any previous companies we've worked for... there is absolutely no code in ArtRage that is common to any other application we've written anywhere else. Every single line of ArtRage code is original and unique to ArtRage. In fact there's not even any common code between ArtRage 1 and ArtRage 2 engines - we re-wrote the entire backbone - every tool, the rendering system, we even use a completely different technology for the layer maps - they're not bitmaps anymore....

So.... while I'd love to say we can just throw old KPT code into ArtRage for effects tools, that's impossible. We'll just have to come up with new stuff.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Wow! I had no idea you had to dump the code entirely.

Coming up with new stuff is even better. New and more efficent code and new cool ideas bring along a better series of software features anyways as with the complete difference between Art Rage 1 and 2 as you had stated.

What ever the future of Art Rage brings i trust that new features will never dissapoint.