Thread: Removing pods AR3

Gallery
    View images

Removing pods AR3

Hello,
    I've just upgraded to AR3 and although I looked through the help file and various threads in the forum I couldn't find information about removing pods? I would like to remove the pods I'm not using in a painting and bring them back again if necessary. And also, is it possible to have, say, the layers panel always at hand instead of having to come out of full screen mode to open another layer?
    Any advice would be appreciated.

- There are many things I like about AR3 and basically my wish-list for AR2.5 has been fulfilled.
    As this is my first post I would also like to say thank you to the people who post here with information and inspiration. Watching Judith Tramaynes videos on YouTube sold me on the whole AR experience

Gallery
    View images
    At the moment you can't remove the pods, we may change this in a future release.

I am not sure what you mean about the Layers Panel? If the layers panel is open you should not need to take the application out of full screen mode to see it unless you have specifically hidden it.

There are shortcut keys to change the current layer (the default Ctrl-Up and Ctrl-Down aren't working currently, I have fixed this for our first update release) that can be set in the shortcut panel if you want to select layers that way.

Hope that helps!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    Perhaps he meant in canvas mode. I could see how that would be handy.

Gallery
    View images
    Yes, I meant in Canvas mode, and I meant layers panel as when the layer pod is open to display all the layers in use. Sorry about the confusion.

I would like to see the pods removable because even though they disappear when I paint where they are, when I use small strokes more often than not the cursor selects the pod and does not place the brush stroke on the canvas. That problem goes away if I paint in 'canvas mode' but I like to move between layers a lot and I can't do that if I'm in canvas mode.

- It just occurred to me that I can move the canvas around to avoid the pods! I'll try that... but I'd still like to be able to control them

Thanks for the tip on the shortcuts - they are working in my prog. ctrl and up or down to move up and down in the layer pod.

Gallery
    View images
    There have been other threads about a user option to remove the pods. As an option I think it will be well received. I'm in that camp.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Gallery
    View images
    I've just discovered the shortcut keys - they make all the difference