ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: AR3 - transparent stencil

Gallery
    View images

AR3 - transparent stencil

Hello,

I've been away from ArtRage for few years so I don't remember exactly how stencils used to work back in the ice (r)age. I have upgraded to AR3 now (that Kagi promotional action is working guys) and was playing with stencils:

1) open a stencil and paint over it as usual
    2) hold the H key to flip the image for few seconds - stencil disappears
    3) release the H key - the stencil is invisible but still working, i.e. it blocks the paint as before

is this a bug or a feature? if it's a bug, is it possible to turn it into a feature? 'cause not having the stencil visible is quite handy sometimes, I like it.

I'm running XP SP3 32bit

Gallery
    View images
    It's a glitch. It's supposed to return back to the screen once the image is flipped back.

I echo this becoming a type of feature though, in terms of being able to edit the opacity and tints of the stencils, which has been suggested a few times by various people over time here at the forums. Sometimes it becomes difficult to see what one is accomplishing under the stencils, especially when using a stencil to add a bit of texture to something.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.