ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Removing panels

Removing panels

Hi all. Just went pro and would like to know how to remove the stickers/stencil panels from the screen. I never use them and find them visually cluttering. I tried to find a way but came up short. Any advice welcomed.

~Glenn

Unhappy Same Problem

I have the same issue. Just to clarify, the closed panels reappear on the screen as tiny square "pods". I just checked out the manual and there was no any special mention about getting rid of those.

You can try to work in "clear canvas" mode to alleviate the issue. Click right mouse button on the canvas once to access it. In this case you have to pretty much rely on shortcuts for selecting color (alt-lmb for picking color) and changing tools. There is no access to specific tool settings/preset except for brush size, however.

I kind of wish it was possible to bind specific preset to given shortcut key or to have an option to cycle between them. In this case there would have to be a way to set up special "user presets" group that contains ones to cycle when given tool is selected. I think cycling would fit current system better than just rough shortcut per preset as it takes just one key. Additionally it could support counter-cycle (ie. hit modifier + cycle key). Just a thought.
    Last edited by bebraw; 12-20-2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Added missing .

I'd also like to be able to remove the square pods if possible. Another nifty thing for a future version... I prefer to have the menu collapsed, however, then I can't see what zoom level I'm at. So it'd be nice if maybe there could be a second level of collapsing the menu that still shows the zoom level.

I haven´t messed around a lot with AR3 Studio Pro, but I too find those stencil/sticker things (guess they´re called pods now) annoying on the screen. I never used stencils with AR2.5 and probably won´t use the stickers either. It´d be nice to get them off the screen as a default and allow a click to turn them on and off for those who use them (or vice versa). Same with the samples. That way we´d all be happy. The beauty of AR2.5 was the lack of screen clutter.

Besides that, it seems like a super new version Rage guys!!!!!!
    Last edited by ScottF; 12-21-2009 at 12:29 PM.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Well i say there, i would really encourage you try out stickers, it seems pretty daunting at first but after just a little while they are quite easy to understand and create, if you remove the stickers you may not be able to make the different brushes that can be made with stickers, this in itself is a good reason to have them around, making specific brush types can allow you to paint like never before.

On the other hand i do recall Matt say that he may include undocking of the pods in an upcoming release, so that will allow you to move them to a less annoying position on the screen.

Don't forget that you can always right click the screen which makes everything disappear once you've got your tool selected, i often do this to gain some more screen real estate.
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

The best way to have more real estate in AR 3 is to have a dual monitor. You could undock the menu panel, the tool picker panel and the color picker panel and move them off to the second monitor. And when you open stencils, stickers, settings, layers, etc. They also move off.

Judith
    See ArtRage2.5 and 3.0 Studio Pro Tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/JudithTramayne
    or
    https://www.artrage.com/artragebasic.html

Children's Book - The Wonderful World of Wunks
    Written, illustrated, animated and narrated by Judith Tramayne

I have a second monitor that I use for all sorts of stuff and don't want it cluttered with menus for things I will never need. I use many apps concurrently and the second monitor is a useful tool, not just a backwater for wayward menus.

Also, having to toggle on and off the whole screen of menus is not a workaround or even really desirable.I think a preference to turn off pods would be the best way forward. Who would want to work with photo shop with all the panels visible all the time?

Glenn

When I first started with AR3 I liked the pods. But now that I'm thoroughly familiar the AR interface and tools I don't need them. I find I am sometimes fighting with them. I have two monitors and I use them for my AR panels. Regardless, the pods continue to pop up in the way. Likewise, opening one moves the others in ways that keep me confused about them. I find I'm constantly accidentally opening two when I only want one.

A simple solution for me would be a user-option to forgo using the Pods. Many people clearly like them, so I am not suggesting getting rid of them or moving away from the wonderful simplicity of the AR3 interface.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 12-22-2009 at 08:21 AM.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Why isn't turning off the whole screen an option, works really well for me, everything you need is in the main menu which in itself can be reduced in size, and if i need anything back from the apparently dreaded pods, it's just a right click away.

Anyway, i'm not trying to invalidate your workflows, to each their own, just saying how i do it is all, i find the pods really handy, but then i don't spend all my time painting, i'm an illustrator at heart and i often need to pull up stickers, stencils you name it.... where as i guess someone who just wants to paint could find it annoying to have their interface cluttered up and not have a choice to remove some if not all the clutter, i do believe it's an oversight not having a choice on removing or moving any panel in any program, one of the things i like most about Photoshop is workspaces, but they didn't happen overnight, i guess AR3 will be the same, overtime we'll see more and more user interface flexibility
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

What would also be really useful is to be able to move a Ref image to my second monitor in the same way you can with a panel and be able to resize it to useful dimensions. I know I can open it in a third party application but I want to use the colour picker as well.

Here starteth the AR 3.5 wishlist!