Thread: Filters In AR3

Gallery
    View images

Filters In AR3

I am wondering where do we go to add filters to the user folder in AR3. Are there any that are already in AR3 and I just can't find them?

Gallery
    View images

Gallery
    View images
    If you do a search for free Photoshop filters, you'll find hundreds possibly thousands.

Most will come as a zip file or an .exe file.

The zip file you can extract into the filters folder and if it's an .exe file, they usually let you specify which folder to put them in.

Or, once you have them on your hard drive, you can use Edit, ArtRage Preferences, Filters and click the plus sign to tell AR where to locate your filters.

You might have to restart AR so the program can pick them up.

You can also place filters manually by putting them in:

Your hard drive letter, Program Files, Ambient Design, ArtRage Studio Pro, Resources, Filters.

Hope this helps,

Judith
    Last edited by Judith Tramayne; 12-19-2009 at 12:15 AM.
    See ArtRage2.5 and 3.0 Studio Pro Tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/JudithTramayne
    or
    https://www.artrage.com/artragebasic.html

Children's Book - The Wonderful World of Wunks
    Written, illustrated, animated and narrated by Judith Tramayne

Gallery
    View images
    Michal, Judith, Thank you so much for your help. I cannot always figure out how to do some of these things on my own, but with your help I managed to add a filter and now that I know how........ I have Photoshop CS3 and had wondered how I could use the filters. Filters can dramatically change how a painting looks. I like having that ability without having to go into Photoshop.

I really do appreciate the generosity of you and our other experts in sharing your experience with us. It does help smooth out the frustration of wanting to use AR3 to the full and not being able to understand all the features. Thank you again for your kindness.