ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Bug? Preset selection not there or lost sometimes

Gallery
    View images

Bug? Preset selection not there or lost sometimes

It seems that the highlight on a preset in the Preset Collection is lost if you click and release on the Tool Settings palette title bar (without changing anything on this palette). I think I've also seen the preset selection go away under other circumstances, but I can't seem to recall exactly when. I would think that the selection for a particular tool preset should only disappear if a settings change is made to that tool and not under any other circumstance.

Also, after just starting AR3, when selecting a tool and with the presets palette open, none of the tools show a selection highlight in the presets. Shouldn't there always be a preset selected when you switch to a new tool if settings haven't been changed?

This is just a minor annoyance in an otherwise great program.

Cheers,
    Adrian

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for the report, Adrian!

That's correct, clicking the titlebar of the settings panel isn't intended to remove the highlight, I've made a note of this to be looked at here. When starting ArtRage, in the situation you describe when selecting a tool, it isn't intended for a preset to be highlighted, only if a preset is specifically selected. This may change in the future, thanks for the feedback!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    When starting ArtRage, in the situation you describe when selecting a tool, it isn't intended for a preset to be highlighted, only if a preset is specifically selected. This may change in the future, thanks for the feedback!
    Dave,

Could you confirm that when selecting a tool (without having changed any settings) the settings that the tool uses are those of a specific preset? If this is so, shouldn't this be reflected as a preset selection?

Thanks,

Adrian

Gallery
    View images

Also please see

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...649#post250649

Excerpt

iceaxe / Thanks Orianelima

Have tried adopting your configuration as a new preset
    but a couple of the dials (that should remain at zero)
    keep reverting to 50% despite the fact that I have named and saved the preset.
    Last edited by iceaxe; 12-22-2009 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Save disc space

Gallery
    View images
    When you select a tool, the settings it had when you were last using it should be restored. So if you select a preset, change tools, then return to the first tool the preset's settings will be active even though the preset is not lit.

Looking in to the problem mentioned in the other thread.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.