ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please extend the 2 week window for upgrade discount!!!!!

Please extend the 2 week window for upgrade discount!!!!!

Several weeks ago, I debated whether to purchase 2.5 or wait until 3 was released. I purchased ArtRage 2.5 after reading the following post by ArtRage.

ArtRage 3 has a load of new things in it and it will be increasing in price slightly. But if you buy ArtRage 2.5 from us now you will be able to get an upgrade to ArtRage 3 from us for the difference in price between our current $25 Full Edition and the new price. So basically if you buy the 2.5 Full Edition from us now, you won't be spending more on ArtRage 3 than if you had bought it only.

To be honest, I was disappointed when it was later announced that the above price information is good for ONLY 2 WEEKS. I would have definitely held off on purchasing 2.5 if I knew there would be a very short window for this upgrade price. It's difficult to justify spending more $ on myself during the holidays, and my intention was to upgrade to 3 sometime after the holidays, and not within the next 2 weeks.

I am humbly requesting that ArtRage give their customers a HUGE Christmas present and extend the current discount from 2 weeks to 4 weeks for existing 2.5 owners.

Just so you know,t he discount isn't temporary - the GOOD discount is.

AR2 > AR3
    Currently: $15 and $55 (=no price difference)
    Permanent: $25 and $65 (= $10 price difference)

Studio to SPro : $45

It would have been helpful if ArtRage had clearly spelled this out in their postings leading up to the release of 3. They clearly said that people buying 2.5 now would be able to upgrade for same price as waiting and buying 3.

They should have been more forthright and said that buying 2.5 now and later upgrading to 3 will COST MORE MONEY, but that they would have a small 2 week window to upgrade for same price.

I believe they hadn't decided on the exact prices until very recently. And to be fair, anyone who upgrades ends up with TWO programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn_the_Cat View Post
    I believe they hadn't decided on the exact prices until very recently. And to be fair, anyone who upgrades ends up with TWO programs.
    Exactly, they don't ask you to install over 2.5 like some other software companies require you to do to get their upgrade price.

Judith
    See ArtRage2.5 and 3.0 Studio Pro Tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/JudithTramayne
    or
    https://www.artrage.com/artragebasic.html

Children's Book - The Wonderful World of Wunks
    Written, illustrated, animated and narrated by Judith Tramayne

Quote Originally Posted by BoxerDude View Post
    It would have been helpful if ArtRage had clearly spelled this out in their postings leading up to the release of 3. They clearly said that people buying 2.5 now would be able to upgrade for same price as waiting and buying 3.

They should have been more forthright and said that buying 2.5 now and later upgrading to 3 will COST MORE MONEY, but that they would have a small 2 week window to upgrade for same price.
    Anyone who has purchased ArtRage 2.5 through our Kagi online store is entitled to a US$25.00 discount off the full price of ArtRage Studio and ArtRage Studio Pro. If you have registered your ArtRage 2 serial number with our members area you should have received an upgrade discount coupon for a US$25.00 discount to use when you purchase ArtRage Studio or ArtRage Studio Pro through our online store.
    It should not have cost you any more money at all - our policy was that anyone who had purchase ArtRage 2.5 Full edition from us would get the full price of their ArtRage 2.5 Full edition credited toward their ArtRage Studio or ArtRage Studio Pro purchase.
    We will still be supporting ArtRage 2.5 Full edition - we're not forcing anyone to upgrade. After the end of December you will still be able to switch from ArtRage 2.5 Full edition to ArtRage Studio or ArtRage Studio Pro for a US$15.00 discount from the full price.

This is a very generous upgrade policy - we have *given* you ArtRage 2 Full edition to use for as long as you've had it. For some people that is more than *four years*.
    In addition, anyone who buys ArtRage Studio or ArtRage Studio Pro now isn't just buying what they download today. They are getting all the free updates we have planned.
    If you feel hard done-by, dont switch to ArtRage Studio or ArtRage Studio Pro. Use ArtRage 2.5 until you feel you have received your full US$25.00 value out of it, and then switch. You will be gifted a US$15.00 discount when you switch to ArtRage Studio or ArtRage Studio Pro.

The offer to upgrade for the reduced price has a time limit because having two upgrade prices generates significantly more support overhead for us. No system is perfect - and we have to deal with twice as many issues as if we had only *one* upgrade value. It also gives people incentive to upgrade sooner, so we can get a higher number with a small amount of revenue for our company. But when that initial flood reduces we need higher revenue per upgrade.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn_the_Cat View Post

I don't believe that's really the point of the original poster. As stated, it appears as though we would be able to upgrade with a full credit toward the new version. I bought 2.5 with this in mind myself. And, of course, they're true to their word. Just the two week window was omitted from the official comment. Just SLIGHTLY misleading, although I'm sure it wasn't intentionally deceptive. Sometimes things just work out like that.

Having said that, I can also completely understand Andy's point. Either way, it is a generous upgrade offer for a reasonably priced art program. I doubt anyone would argue that. Maybe they regretted making that comment and found the two week window an acceptable compromise. Although I have to question the use of the word *given* here, as I've clearly paid for that use, and if I upgraded, would clearly be paying (at a discount), for the use of the second program. But it sure does sound nice.

How bout we stop trying to pull needles out of the hey stack and ask nicely, could i please have an extension on the upgrade price for blah blah blah reason, The price is Damn good, it's much cheaper to upgrade than buy lunch for gods sake.

Reality says they don't have to offer or discount anything, many people would still pay the full price, BUT they have, thanks Rages for the awesome offers
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    How bout we stop trying to pull needles out of the hey stack and ask nicely, could i please have an extension on the upgrade price for blah blah blah reason, The price is Damn good, it's much cheaper to upgrade than buy lunch for gods sake.

Reality says they don't have to offer or discount anything, many people would still pay the full price, BUT they have, thanks Rages for the awesome offers

I think everyone that has spoken here has been very polite, with possibly the exception of what was just posted. We're just having a friendly discussion, and the request that was made was 'humbly' requested. I mean, just because everyone isn't blowing gold dust up the developer's backside with every comment doesn't mean we're being negative, either.

Possibly is correct, i was being nice, now i might take offense to your post, but Nahh it really isn't worth it, carry on, i've had my say as nice as i could possibly put it.
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power