Thread: I Still Need Help - GOT IT!

Gallery
    View images

I Still Need Help - GOT IT!

OK, I'm fine with anything Free-Hand. BUT, even after reading the manuel, I can't get how the Damn Ruler works! Why does it pivot that way, and why can't I Dag & Drop it?!
    Last edited by L Skylar Brown; 12-17-2009 at 10:46 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    In AR2.5, I never could get the ruler to work. I read several tutorials and fiddled about for some time. I decided that the straight line works best with patience, an eraser,--and a subject that doesn´t have too many straight lines.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    Scott - You're Funny - But No Help!

Gallery
    View images
    You don't need to use the ruler to draw a straight line. As an option, hold down ctrl ( cmd on OS X ) and drag a line with any painting tool to draw a straight line.

Regarding the ruler, after you've placed a ruler, you can drag the whole thing around via right-click drag ( If you're using a tablet, hover above the tablet surface rather than touch as that will do a left click, then hold down the right click button and drag the ruler ) or by holding down the spacebar and left-click dragging ( with a tablet, holding down the spacebar, then touching the stylus to the tablet surface and dragging the ruler )

The green pin you see is the pivot point for the ruler, so if you drag the end of the ruler around to rotate it, it will rotate around the pin. Pick the pin up and put it where you want the pivot point to be on the ruler.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Now, Why couldn't I synthesize that from the manual?! Thanks so much. I AM LOVING AR3!!!

Gallery
    View images
    I don't why currently, but all i have to do to move anything around is hold down the space bar and touch down with my Stylus then drag, works with everything, rulers stencils canvas
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by L Skylar Brown View Post
    Now, Why couldn't I synthesize that from the manual?!
    Hmm, if I would have to guess... maybe you tried to use the transform tool on the ruler and you can't actually move the pin in transform mode? (By the way, using the transform tool on rulers and stencils is really out of whack. Apart from not being able to move the pin, the box is never the right size with rulers, you can't flip rulers, and with all stencils, the pin acts as the origin for all transformations, not just rotation, when you use the transform tool, so if the pin is outside the stencil, making it larger will also move it etc.)

(It's not a new feature, but I love the ruler. If I could only lock it so I can't accidentally move it around then it would be even better than its real-life counterpart...)