ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Colorwheel Palette and samples

Arrow Colorwheel Palette and samples

I find it quite useful to have the colorwheel at hand while painting.
    So I just made it fit into the AR picker fromat. I used teh CMYK model to create it, since this model is used for printing. I might create another one using either RGB (according to AR color management) or RYB (traditional painting) models . I might even create one for each one of them.

I chose HS/L over the other modes because luminance is what I like to control most (where I get the widest range of values).

I also created a color sample set for people who would rather use it instead of the picker. But you'll only find pure primary and secondary colors in there (no saturation or luminance variations, nor tertiary colors).

PD: I've been using AR for a few years now (2 or 3), both for professional and personal purposes, and it got the hang of me. Version 3 is a great improvement. Those watercolors are just awesome. Congrats to the AR team. Great job, and thanks! (I hope some day it will be possible to work with CMYK color management, it's the only thing I'm missing right now -but, still, keep it simple!).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hrodgair; 12-22-2009 at 02:29 AM.

Very Nice...
    It's extremely handy to have such saturated values on hand without having to worry about going out of print gamut.
    Thanks for your hard work on these

I'm glad someone else found it useful. It's my first post and I was wondering the actual usefulness of it

Quote Originally Posted by hrodgair View Post
    I'm glad someone else found it useful. It's my first post and I was wondering the actual usefulness of it
    Whoah, thank you so much! Found it just today!

This looks very useful - thanks

This will be a nice addition to all the other wonderful colors I've downloaded over time. There's a lot to learn in regards to color theory and I can see this being a great reference when it comes to knowing "printable" colors!!! Thanks!