ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Auto naming layers

Auto naming layers

Hello,

It's only a minor/cosmetic request. I was wondering if layers could be auto named by default? Currently if I export the image as PSD, the file opens in PS as layers with no names.

In PS when I create layers they are given default names like layer 1, 2, etc. It would be nice if AR would also give such default names to layers which are not named, so when I export to PSD I won't and up with un-named layers.

But it's only cosmetic stuff.
    --LES

Perhaps you could use a PS script to handle the issue? Try testing http://morris-photographics.com/phot...me-layers.html.
    Last edited by bebraw; 12-20-2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: updated url

A PS script? Ha! How about a plugin? Or maybe a separate application that runs in my BG process list. (just being sarcastic...)
    --LES

The point of handling it in the PS end is that if you are like me and like to muck around with the layers (ie. move them around the stack), the naming will end up nonsensical (no ordering). If you rename the layers based on their order once you are done in AR, you get a natural order. Besides this works now.

I like this idea of autonaming layers...
    Perhaps the user could even change / save the default autonames or save a series of common defaults