Thread: AR3 Bug - Vanishing Panels

Gallery
    View images

AR3 Bug - Vanishing Panels

A bug has cropped up that has actually stopped me from using ArtRage 3 on my tablet pc, which is very upsetting.

I will be working on an image (in this case 8.5x11" at 150 DPI), and at random periods, if i move the cursor over any of the panels, they vanish! Sometimes they come back if i tap in the canvas space, but more often it'll just crash, my CPU useage goes to 100% at this point in just AR3 alone!

My specs are: Toshiba Portege M200, XP Tablet Edition sp3, 1gb ram, 1.5ghz pentium M, NVIDIA GeForce FX Go520.

Gallery
    View images
    We've identified that there is a bug with ArtRage Studio and ArtRage Studio Pro in combination with certain Tablet IO, and Windows Ink Services. We're looking into a fix for this.
    In the meantime you can disable Ink Services in the ArtRage preferences panel. This may remove pressure support (if your tablet PC doesn't also support WinTab interface), but you will still be able to use ArtRage until we have a fix.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks, I appreciate you guys are really looking into this stuff

I should have noted in my previous post that i am using Studio Pro. Though is it normal that AR3 Studio Pro would max out the processor like I was experiencing, or was that part of the bug?

Gallery
    View images
    While the brush is on the canvas, ArtRage steals as many CPU cycles as it can can. The bug you're seeing is that when you raise your stylus the virtual canvas 'brush' isn't being lifted off the canvas.
    We're looking into this, and we'll get a fix release of ArtRage out as quickly as we can.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Ahh! It's good to see what's causing the problem. Again, super appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing on a quality product