ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR3 - bugs

Exclamation AR3 - bugs

I'm moving my post from the General Chat subforum here, i think such a thread is necessary.

1.I think i've found a bug - thank god i saved my work before that happened:
    Been painting and i used H to flip and check my work. Holded it for about 10-15 seconds, then Artrage 3 crashed, without error or anything. Was able to reproduce it again and again, i don't know what is the reason. Specs below:
    Core 2 Duo, 2Gb Ram, Windows XP 32-bit SP3, Wacom Intuos 3, Artrage 3 Studio Pro

PS. Reproduced it on my friend's PC.
    PSPS. Same happens and when flipped with V.

2.Someonesane: I haven't experience a crash from it, but I have noticed that upon returning the canvas to it's normal state, my cursor has jittery moments and stutters as I move it across the screen. Clicking on a panel or two normally kicks it back in gear.
    Last edited by Borilius; 12-17-2009 at 05:48 AM.
    "I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"

Unhappy

Borilius: I can confirm that bug on Win7 (64 bit) with similar specs as yours. I noticed that particularly painting while flipping triggered the bug.

I also happened to find a bug. If you change ArtRage "Panels" preference rotation to some value (say 90 or 180), it does not apply to the "presets" panel. Perhaps "Canvas Positioner" (the puck) should change along this value as well.

Good to know that, bebraw - you are the 5th so far. Also i got crash yesterday, but i'm not sure i can reproduce it, it could have been coincidence. I've saved my work and closed AR3 from the X in the menu, and then it crashed with some "microsoft error". It could be the Windows and not AR3.
    "I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"

Confirmed on Win XP pro sp3 32 bit. single layers seemed no problem, a few layers with some oil strokes crashed after 10/15 secs of flipping.
    Umberto

Ok this thread is going, so i'll ask you guys to put all the bugs you find in here. I'll be updating the first post regularly. Thank you in advance!

Yup.
    managed to reproduce the 'h' bug on xp sp3 32bit with nothing but a blank canvas. AR3 demo.
    It just died and disappeared. no warnings/alerts messages.
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

Thanks for that. I've confirmed that happens here, and I've added it as an 'A' level priority bug to be resolved for the first ArtRage update.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thanks Andy, keep up the good work!

Okay, for your interest here's what was causing the bug.
    When you hold down the shortcut key to flip the canvas, the process of flipping the canvas was allowing the shortcut system to process the key again. And that called the function to flip the canvas again, and so on until your process stack got full and the application exited.
    That will be fixed when we release the service update for ArtRage, which we're hoping to get done before xmas.
    That was the easy bug to fix.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thats definitely good news! Thank you once again for the great support!