ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A-tec armor concept

A-tec armor concept

Well hello there everyone!

First post and firts thing done with AR3. I often - or always - get stuck while trying to do the hands, legs and head (hmm, thats the whole character). And now I have troubles again. I have basically no artistic education whatsoever, so I thought to try my luck here.

The first sketch was done in Gimp some time ago and the rest are Artraged. In short:
    There is something wrong in the face but what? I alredy tried to fix the eye position and now I feel the nose is from an other planet. The head is supposed to be tilted to the right and back.
    I need to reshape the breastplate. What about the hands then?
    The last pic is something I'm not going to continue, but if someone figures out what is wrong with the legs, I might learn a thing or two.
    Lots of questions, but any advices are appreciated. Thanks!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	andragorn a a copy.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	236.8 KB 
ID:	37732
    Name:  AAA copy 1 copy.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  82.2 KB
    Last edited by 4sk0; 12-27-2009 at 01:10 PM. Reason: updated

IMHO you should translate the eye to the right slightly bottom/left.
    With the eye in that position, the face looks oddly flat.

Use the quick mirror H key to check your drawing mirrored sometimes. This helps a lot.
    Umberto

I'll try that thanks

Her left hand, (the hand on our right, the hand with the gun) looks a little short to me, I understand that it's perspective; the hand is tipped back, but with the position of gun, it makes it look a little short. IMO. I dunno. This is some fun work, I really liked that first one. Interesting character study. I've used GIMP some, but never really had any success or fun with it.
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

You have the head in some kind of 3/4 perspective, but the facial features are facing us frontal.
    The way you have drawn the face, however gives an easy way out.
    Get rid of some of the hairmass that is closest to the gun, and add some more head to the top of her head.

The breastplate looked best to me in the first two pictures. I would not change much on the hands.Maybe place the fingers a little closer on the hand that is lowest in position., otherwise, the girl will have heavy cramps in her fingers....You can also solve many things while adding colour,or shade etc...
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

I'm not really one to give crits but I must say, these are great sketches! Especially with no formal training! Very good! Is she an existing character or a new concept from you? Keep workin it. The advice in this forum is always very useful.
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Thanks for these advices. Some good points there.
    I did the first sketch to be a sign or a poster to a shop in a mod I made for the game Fallout3. I thought I could try working with this pic some more.

A-tec armor concept

Have not updated this thread, but here is what has happened...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atec_wip.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	38633

Name:	Atec_wip2.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	38634

Name:	Atec_wip3.jpg 
Views:	86