ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR3 - Stencils cant be moved...

Gallery
    View images

AR3 - Stencils cant be moved...

Hi,

I have downloaded the Demo AR3Pro and will make an upgrade shortly.
    I would like to play around with some features and see how this version differs from AR2.5.

One of the problems I am having is with the stencils, when I select a stencil it appears on the right hand side of the canvas and cannot be moved at all (so its useless). I always used the hotkey M for this but it no longer works

PS: I have Windows XP and an Intuos3 tablet.

Gallery
    View images
    Rowena, Ive never used stencils, but Ive noticed a few differences with the new version with regard to other items. Its probably just a matter of figuring out how the new version handles things.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    You must now use the transform-tool next to the selection-tool

Hans

Gallery
    View images
    Can you still right-drag them around? (Right click the red part and move the mouse/pen?)

I've never used M to move them, but I do notice that it appears to be the hot key for the felt pen ("Marker") now...

Gallery
    View images
    There is no longer a 'move' tool in ArtRage Studio and ArtRage Studio Pro.
    We've combined move, rotate and scale into one tool - the transform tool.
    By default there isn't a hotkey assigned to the transform tool, but you can set up whatever you want it to be by editing the keyboard shortcuts (under the edit menu)

Also you can just right-click drag on the stencil to move it regardless of what tool you're using.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    OK, thanks - but I much preferred the AR2.5 hotkey 'M' - just easier and quicker, it means Ive got to reach for my mouse because I find the stylus right click awkward.

But I will look to see how I can reset the hotkeys to suit me better - I relied heavily on using my right hand to select hotkeys while my left is busy drawing with the stylus - it worked so well this way.

Gallery
    View images
    It's easy enough to change the 'm' key to be the transform tool, rather than the marker tool.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage View Post
    It's easy enough to change the 'm' key to be the transform tool, rather than the marker tool.
    Yay!.. then thats one obstacle out the way.

But will I have to use the shift key though?? ..I am interested in a one handed option so I can keep my left hand drawing while my right hand taps the keys - this is a big time saver and has worked well for me.

Gallery
    View images
    Holding the spacebar and left click dragging allows me to move the stencils just like holding down the right mouse button.

In any event, like Andy said, if you change the "M" to be a hotkey for the transform tool, you'll only need to hit the "M" key by itself to switch to that tool. You can set up a modifier key (Shift, Ctrl) if you'd like, but you don't have to.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    I had trouble with the right click until I went into the Wacom Tablet Properties (on XP, Start, Settings, Control Panel, Wacom Tablet Properties) and changed my right click to the upper part of the side switch on my Graphire pen) Actually I have the rocker (side) switch both set to right click.

If you click on Options next to the About buttom at the bottom, I have the Hover Click checked.

Judith
    See ArtRage2.5 and 3.0 Studio Pro Tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/JudithTramayne
    or
    https://www.artrage.com/artragebasic.html

Children's Book - The Wonderful World of Wunks
    Written, illustrated, animated and narrated by Judith Tramayne