ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Artrage 3 Questions

Artrage 3 Questions

First, I'd like to say how much I love the new version! It's brilliant, and I happily bought the Pro version as soon as I heard.

I have a few small issues / questions:

• Positioning the canvas no longer seems to work for me. In the previous version of Artrage, I could hold down the pen button and drag the pen across the tablet to position the canvas. Now it simply pans up and down and doesn't follow the pen at all. (FWIW, I'm using a Wacom Bamboo Fun, and the pen's button setting is configured to "pan/scroll".)
    • Is it possible to cover the Windows taskbar and have true full screen like in the previous version?
    • This is pretty minor, but it would be nice if I could hide the giant "Add Local Sample" button in the Samples tool window, leaving all the room for the actual colour swatches.
    Despite these gripes, I'm super, super impressed with AR3! Thanks again!

Thank you very much for the praise. We love ArtRage as well.
    In the ArtRage preferences panel (Menu, edit, preferences)
    Under 'Input Devices' you'll see an option for 'Ctrl + Mousewheel = zoom'
    Change that setting, and it should give you the same behaviour as ArtRage 2.5
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Quote Originally Posted by calmanny View Post
    [*]Positioning the canvas no longer seems to work for me. In the previous version of Artrage, I could hold down the pen button and drag the pen across the tablet to position the canvas. Now it simply pans up and down and doesn't follow the pen at all. (FWIW, I'm using a Wacom Bamboo Fun, and the pen's button setting is configured to "pan/scroll".)
    This appears to be an addition to help with using AR on multitouch devices. E.g. I can now use the two-finger swipe gesture on my Macbook's touchpad to move the canvas around.

However, moving the canvas by right-dragging still works and I can still hold down the pen button and move the canvas with the pen if the pen button is configured to act as "right click".

[*]Is it possible to cover the Windows taskbar and have true full screen like in the previous version?
    Apparently not, but you could consider setting the Windows taskbar to auto hide, and if you enter fullscreen mode when it is hidden it will cover the full area of the screen.

It's getting harder and harder to make applications work the way we want them to
    Every time Apple or Microsoft update their operating systems they take away more ability of programmers to do 'non standard' things.

My mum just bought me AR3, using PayPal.
    She received an order confirmation email, but no email with a download link/serial number.
    Please, help.
    She also got an email saying 'Upgrade to Studio Pro for $55!'
    But we just did it, and the US dollar price was $80.
    We payed 48 or so, but surely we were supposed to get more of a discount?

Andy, will you please help?
    My mum's angry with me right now, saying we payed more than we should have, and we haven't received the download email.

Send an email to support@artrage.com with details of your ArtRage Studio purchase, as well as your ArtRage 2 serial number and we will check on the details of your purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage View Post
    In the ArtRage preferences panel (Menu, edit, preferences) Under 'Input Devices' you'll see an option for 'Ctrl + Mousewheel = zoom' Change that setting, and it should give you the same behaviour as ArtRage 2.5
    Thanks for the fast reply; unfortunately that didn't seem to work for me. Now the canvas zooms in and out instead of panning. Odd stuff. :-)

Weeun, the site seems to do some odd stuff. I just bought the upgrade for the US$55 indicated, but one page showed the full US$80. No problem. I was charged the discounted price at the end of the session.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
    Weeun, the site seems to do some odd stuff. I just bought the upgrade for the US$55 indicated, but one page showed the full US$80. No problem. I was charged the discounted price at the end of the session.
    It did end up charging my mum 48, when it was supposed to be discounted.
    I sent an email to support.
    Also, the email came with the link, and I'm downloading ArtRage 3 right now!
    I hope it works!

Quote Originally Posted by calmanny View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply; unfortunately that didn't seem to work for me. Now the canvas zooms in and out instead of panning. Odd stuff. :-)
    Oh, sorry, I misunderstood.
    You will probably need to change a setting in the Wacom drivers control panel. Change right-click drag behaviour to just be right-click drag (without any special processing).
    You can assign behaviours to specific applications. Probably you had that set for ArtRage 2.5, but not for ArtRage Studio Pro.