ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: two AR3 suggestions

two AR3 suggestions

Yes, I have had software for less than a day and already complaining... So what, AR3 is best art software on the market, but nothing is perfect.
    Also I have no idea how possible or difficult these changes are from programming perspective.

First there is inconsistency that throws me off. To resize brush, drag left to decrease and right to increase. To adjust zoom level or opacity, drag down to decrease and up to increase. I think would be better to have both react to cursor movement up or right to increase and vice versa. This would also allow me to adjust brush size drastically downward without bumping into edge of screen.

Second that canvas mover panel.. it is a great step forward but also not as easy to use as AR 2.5. I rotate canvas constantly. AR 2.5 allowed me to bind tablet button to R, and so have one button press, then click and drag anywhere on the canvas, to rotate. 3.0 has me pressing button to summon mover panel, then looking for it, then aiming at the rotation wheel, then clicking and dragging.. it is a miniscule amount of effort that an artist will complain about nevertheless. We are stupidly peculiar about materials and tools sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    There's not currently a way to make the canvas mover panel pop up under the cursor, but we've taken a note of that as a suggestion to consider for a future revision, thanks for the feedback!
    Awesome. However here is how to make it perfect: add that option to have it pop up under cursor - and THEN an option to offset its position as it spawns. Idea is for it to appear with cursor already poised above the zoom portion, or the mover, or rotation ring. Offset could be in three presets for direction and distance from cursor position.

Third I would like a million dollars tax-free, and a pony.

Quote Originally Posted by eleventhhand smoke View Post
    Second that canvas mover panel.. it is a great step forward but also not as easy to use as AR 2.5. I rotate canvas constantly. AR 2.5 allowed me to bind tablet button to R, and so have one button press, then click and drag anywhere on the canvas, to rotate.
    Something you can still do in AR 3 is right-drag to move the canvas, shift-right-drag to zoom, and alt-right-drag to rotate. I have right-click mapped to the button on my tablet's pen and buttons on the tablet mapped to shift and alt, so I can still manipulate the canvas quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny the Fool View Post
    Something you can still do in AR 3 is right-drag to move the canvas, shift-right-drag to zoom, and alt-right-drag to rotate. I have right-click mapped to the button on my tablet's pen and buttons on the tablet mapped to shift and alt, so I can still manipulate the canvas quickly.
    Really? I did not know that.
    I need a third thumb button, currently I'm using the switch for pencil and eraser. But I suppose I can swap the eraser for a right-click. Thanks for letting me know about this.