ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pricing query from the UK.

Gallery
    View images

Pricing query from the UK.

Well, I'm really excited to see the new Artrage is finally out, but I've noticed a bit of a pricing discrepancy when trying to buy the upgrade.

In the email this morning I had the option to upgrade for $55.
    According to xe(dotcom) this currently translates to 33.82 GBP +VAT at 15% bringing it to a grand total of 38.89

However, when I go to buy with my coupon code, it says the final price 41.16

Has anyone else had this problem? Is this just Kagi not having the correct exchange rate?

Gallery
    View images
    I've noticed the same when paying in EUR.

According to my invoice, the final amount to be paid after discount but including VAT (19%) is $65.45, which translates to 44.73 EUR. However the invoice says "Paid by paypal $47.25 EUR".

Like with GBP, this is curiously close to what the total amount would be if we had paid VAT on the full un-discounted amount, but it could just as well be that Kagi has a vastly different exchange rate. Not completely unlikely, it's quite possible they are factoring in some bank fee. Although I don't quite understand why they have to do that when I am perfectly capable of paying in USD via Paypal.

Gallery
    View images
    From what I have worked out, I payed $69.01 (47.49) here in France, whereas $55 + 19% VAT is $65.45. Probably "costs" involved, as suggested. I'm not really quibbling just curious too.

Gallery
    View images
    In other posts, people have had some pricing problems. The rage team says to email them at using their support email address. They really do want you to only pay the correct upgrade price.

Judith
    See ArtRage2.5 and 3.0 Studio Pro Tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/JudithTramayne
    or
    https://www.artrage.com/artragebasic.html

Children's Book - The Wonderful World of Wunks
    Written, illustrated, animated and narrated by Judith Tramayne

Gallery
    View images
    They can have my extra 2 Euro, if they actually get them at least. As a long-time Mac user I've known Kagi for a while and they've done worse than this in the past

Gallery
    View images
    Well, it looks like Kagi charge extra for turning the figure showing US Dollars into another number showing other currencies. (note. sarcasm)

I managed to buy the package for $63.25 USD in the end which according to xe(dotcom) which is constantly updated is 38.93.

I think I'll risk the strength of the pound against the dollar when it hits my credit card. I'll see then what it actually costs.
    Last edited by Rustybucket; 12-16-2009 at 11:07 AM.

Gallery
    View images
    I'm from the UK and I paid just under 49 for art rage 3 studio pro with a wacom discount of just under ten pounds.

I meant to do the upgrade with my kagi com discount, but I got an email today telling me about this coupon, so I bought the studio for just over 17$ for some reason it's done it in Dollars, when I bought the pro early this morning it showed just pounds but this one just showed dollars.

I hope it is round about 18$ because with the strength of the pound it wont be too bad.
    I have a dual boot of XP32 bit and Win 7 64 bit and use the art rage software in each.
    It seems we are all paying different prices must be the exchange or vat charges.
    Anyway this software is great I'm using the pro in win 7 because the more memory is utililized and with all the whistles and bells in this program it will need it, the studio when I have downloaded will be put on my XP.
    Anyway folks have fun with A3 my download email has arrived.
    Sandyg.

Gallery
    View images
    i paid the same as you rusty? i wondered about that too, i'd worked it out at 33 too, so is it wrong?

Gallery
    View images
    Yes, I had this problem too, my mum got charged more than she should've.
    But, I spoke to Andy, and I've sent an email to support@artrage.com, and hopefully we'll get a refund so that we've only paid what we should have.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    I'm from the UK and I paid just under 49 for art rage 3 studio pro with a wacom discount of just under ten pounds.
    I'm in the UK and paid about the same as you. 48.64 for the upgrade (with the Kagi discount of 9.76, according to my invoice).