ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Studio / Studio Pro Wacom Touch-strip and Zoom.

Exclamation Studio / Studio Pro Wacom Touch-strip and Zoom.

Here's a tip for anyone using a Wacom tablet with a touch-strip: The new OS standard for zoom is Ctrl + Mousewheel, where it used to be just plain Mousewheel. This is so that Multitouch systems can process two-finger dragging to move the canvas.

If you are using a Wacom Touch-strip to zoom and finding that the canvas is moving up and down, Open the Preferences Panel from the Edit Menu and in the 'Input Device' category turn OFF the 'Ctrl + Mousewheel = Zoom' option, that should allow you to zoom with the Touch-strip.

We support Multitouch systems by default so this had to be added as a preference to the product.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Talking Man Mann Man

Thanks a lot!
    (A german fool far out there anywhere accepted this as a godgiven missing feature of "pro" and intuos4... and this was easy 'cause of the beautiful new zoomwheel... )

Grinningix

I noticed that my touch strip wasn't zooming anymore in Art Range, but I found it only started doing it after I switched from XP to Windows 7, so I thought that was the cause of it.

Thanks, I got my zoom back now!

Lightbulb GUI - Swatch Selections and touch strip rotate?

-Swatch Palette-
    Hey ArtRage crew, was it intentional to keep the color that you have selected while painting unselected? Say for instance if Im painting with a set of colors from my swatch palette and i have multi colors of red. I never know unless I remember what color I actually left off with or am currently working with because there is no green highlight showing that particular color being selected.

-Touch Strip-
    Is it possibly to set the rotate canvas feature to a touch strip on my intuos 3? or possibly a hot key?

Just wondering...
    Loving ArtRage

Regarding the colour swatches, that is intentional, it's like dipping your brush in a pot of a colour.

The canvas rotation uses a modifier key, rather than a keyboard shortcut ( alt + space plus drag left and right to rotate ), so you can't map it directly to the touch strip. You might find the canvas positioner handy if you're using Studio or Studio Pro ( easel icon in the top menu bar ) for quick rotating, panning and zooming of the canvas.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

thanks DaveRage, huge fan of the Canvas positioner but im also thinking id be faster with my key shortcut thanks for the intel on what the shortcut key combo is.

Rotate + Color picker through your wacom pen modifier

In my wacom properties, i set my right click button on my wacom pen to a crt + alt modifier so now I get the color picker instantly and while holding that in and hitting space bar I can also rotate, Love it! I thought this would be some good incite for anyone also looking for a rotate function quickly.
    Last edited by YetiBite; 07-02-2010 at 05:42 AM. Reason: some typos and messed up my what i was actually trying to say

up&down jumping canvas

Hi AR team: I'm using a Wacom tablet (Bamboo special ed) with touch system but I experience terrible lags of "jumping" in the canvas and a difficult for zooming properly with the fingers. I've tried with On/Off/On the Ctrl+wheel device and It's not improving. So, sometimes my canvas moves smoothly side to side, swiftly following the fingers and sometimes it spents 5 or more minutes jumping sideways/up-down in the screen totally to no avail with keys, mouse or whatever.
    I've observed it happens mainly when I'm zooming from 100% ahead... buts, serious, sometimes is too aleatory for my patience . Any suggestion?

I'd recommend first making sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest drivers from the Wacom website at www.wacom.com for your tablet, but if that doesn't help, please email me directly at support@artrage.com so that I can do some troubleshooting with you.

When you email me, please let me know what operating system version you're using e.g. Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.6.6 and the exact version of ArtRage you're using as well.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Wacom Tablet/Mouse Conflict

Hi -

I love my Art Rage Studio Pro program but am currently unable to use it, through no fault of the program. I'm hoping someone has had the same problem I have and has a solution.

I'm running the program on Windows 7 and using a Wacom Bamboo Fun touch pen tablet. This initially was working ok except that the "touch" aspects of the tablet were driving me a bit nuts - I kept moving the canvas by accidentally waving my hand too close to the tablet, inadvertently touching the pen switch etc.

Then, following a series of major Windows 7 updates, I am unable to use my mouse to open links in websites by clicking. The mouse otherwise works. I can open a link by right clicking on the mouse and clicking "open" in the pop-up menu.

The only way I have found to solve the problem is to uninstall the Wacom driver. My husband can't live with the computer unless he can use the mouse as intended.

I wrote to Wacom tech support who suggested ensuring that the mouse and tablet were connected to the USB ports and downloading the latest driver. I have done this to no effect. The mouse won't work properly with either driver installed whether the tablet is connected or not.

Sorry for the long email. I hope someone can help. I miss using my tablet!