ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: If you're experiencing problems with AR3 and pressure, leaving marks, palletes

If you're experiencing problems with AR3 and pressure, leaving marks, palletes

I was ready to start getting a bit upset after upgrading to ArtRage Studio Pro and experiencing all kinds of glitches on my Tablet PC (ThinkPad X60t) after running smoothly with AR 2.5.

I had problems with the application not detecting when I lifted the pen and leaving marks while just hovering, clicks not registering so some strokes left no paint, tool palettes disappearing, pressure sensitivity not being available without Ink Services (with Ink services I had pressure sensitivity, but there were the other problems just mentioned).

I installed the latest Tablet PC drivers from Wacom (can't post a URL since this is my first post and the spam control is prohibiting me) and I'm glad to say that all the problems have disappeared. Pressure works with or without Ink Services (what are the benefits of using Ink Services with AR3, btw?), and there is no more flakiness when pressing and releasing the pen tip.

In case someone is wondering about the click-and-hold for right click needing to be disabled for pressure to work, I found that it didn't matter if the setting was enabled - pressure worked either way.

Hope this helps others before they start blaming ArtRage.

Cheers,
    Adrian

URL for Wacom Tablet PC drivers

Here it is - it seems I still can't post a proper URL, so you'll have to change the underscores to periods:

http://www.wacom.com/tabletpc/driver.cfm

Fixed the URL for you - thanks for the information, Adrian!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by curi0s1 View Post
    I was ready to start getting a bit upset after upgrading to ArtRage Studio Pro and experiencing all kinds of glitches on my Tablet PC (ThinkPad X60t) after running smoothly with AR 2.5.

I had problems with the application not detecting when I lifted the pen and leaving marks while just hovering, clicks not registering so some strokes left no paint, tool palettes disappearing,
    >-SNIP-<
    Cheers,
    Adrian
    Hi,
    same problem here (Acer Travelmate c302,Win XPtablet, all SPs, fine on 2.5, problems on AR3).
    Mainly with the inkpen. Multitouch/precision settings didn't help.
    Solved with the Wacom drivers. THX for the info!
    Nevertheless I wonder why in AR3 this problem was introduced while AR2.5 was clean.
    Regards, TOBi