ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: AR3 pen marks while hovering

Gallery
    View images

AR3 pen marks while hovering

I'm using a Sahara Tablet (slate) with windows XP and have been using AR2.5 and other paint programs without this problem.

The issue I'm having in AR3 is when I start drawing or painting with one of the tools, the pressure sensitivity work fine but when I lift my pen off the tablet, the tool continues to paint wherever my pen is hovering. When I hover over a tool or color palette the palette disappears and will not return until I hold the pen to right-click and then it resets the palettes and allows me to continue drawing. Is there a pen or cursor setting in either my control panel or in the AR3 program that will solve this problem?

Thanks in advance, Ken

Gallery
    View images
    It may or may not help, but you could try changing the tablet options for Ink Services and Precise Tablet in the Preferences Panel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inkservice.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	37538
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    Try unchecking off 'Use touch input' in the preferences panel under 'Input Device' if that's enabled, and uncheck 'use precise tablet mode', then restart ArtRage and see if there's any difference in behavior.

Depending on the configuration of your system, you may want to disable 'Use Ink Services' in the same place then restart ArtRage, but I'd recommend trying the other two options above first.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images

Exclamation

I get the same issues in Win7 64 bit with Studio Pro 3 on a Lenovo X200T unless I disable everything including the ink services but then I seem to lose pressure sensitivity? I don't believe I had these issues in 2.5...

Gallery
    View images
    Saw your reply in another thread about losing pressure sensitivity if the hold to right click was disabled...this seems to have cleared up my probs!

Gallery
    View images
    You may also find this post helpful - another user mentioned a similar problem and a solution which solved it for them. http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=24727
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    I take back my previous comment that it was working, that's what I get for writing that 1/2 asleep...

Tried many of the suggestions above my post and various combinations and while I gained back pressure sensitivity it was still 'sticking'... I'll check your last comment after mine and see if that helps...

Gallery
    View images
    Installing the driver here:

www .wacom.com/tabletpc/driver.cfm

Fixed my issues. Thanks!

Gallery
    View images

Smile

Yes, installing that driver appears to have fixed the problem. Many thanks!