ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The Watercolor Brush

The Watercolor Brush

I'd just like to say thank you for making a watercolor brush that can work in any layer blending mode. The Painter watercolor brush has long been a missed opportunity with its reliance on a faux-multiply mode.

Thanks again. I'll get to play more after my deadline...

I just played with the Watercolor Brush and I started to cry with tears of joy. God bless you ArtRage team!!!

Isn't it fun

Be sure to play with the settings and the presets for it, to really see what it can do. Here's a couple of images I made using only the Watercolor tool (the one on the right is a comparison image between real watercolors and AR3's watercolor tool).

Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Isn't it fun

Be sure to play with the settings and the presets for it, to really see what it can do. Here's a couple of images I made using only the Watercolor tool (the one on the right is a comparison image between real watercolors and AR3's watercolor tool).

Nice, you definitly notice the difference between real watercolors and AR3. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the watercolors to have more of a wet-on-wet look. I've played around with the settings, but I have to wait till next week or so before I have time to actually get into it (and try with my tablet.)

Yeah, the water colour brush is great. From the little bit of messing around I've done with it so far, I think it was a tool worth waiting for.

For the last hour or so I've been working on the attached image. Just road testing the tool , so not a serious effort. I dont even know if the water clour brush can be tweaked with. I just clicked on it and started painting.

@ Someonesane like your dragons btw. you could have probably fooled me into which was real world and which is digital.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ar3beach.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	288.5 KB 
ID:	37533  

Quote Originally Posted by ninja-usagi View Post
    I dont even know if the water clour brush can be tweaked with. I just clicked on it and started painting.

@ Someonesane like your dragons btw. you could have probably fooled me into which was real world and which is digital.
    Thanks Usagi. You can in fact tweak the Watercolor tools settings using the settings panel. Just select the watercolor tool then open the Settings Panel by clicking on the "Settings Pod" just above the tool picker. The pod will open into the Settings Panel where you can adjust the tools settings (NOTE: some settings may not be available in all versions of AR3). You may also choose to select some of the Presets some of the Beta testers made up and were offered along with the program. Just click on the "Preset Pod" to open the Presets Panel and select away.

Name:  settingspresets.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  32.2 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Drat. I only got studio, so no extra features for me. Now I'm missing out on both the real color blending and the full watercolor sets.